Go Back   Back Country Rebels - Forums > REBELS WITH A WRENCH > MOD / FORCED AIR

Old 02-25-2013, 09:01 PM
REBEL

pernikm Has earned a rub and tug from ARpernikm Has earned a rub and tug from ARpernikm Has earned a rub and tug from ARpernikm Has earned a rub and tug from AR
pernikm Has earned a rub and tug from ARpernikm Has earned a rub and tug from ARpernikm Has earned a rub and tug from ARpernikm Has earned a rub and tug from ARpernikm Has earned a rub and tug from ARpernikm Has earned a rub and tug from ARpernikm Has earned a rub and tug from ARpernikm Has earned a rub and tug from ARpernikm Has earned a rub and tug from ARpernikm Has earned a rub and tug from ARpernikm Has earned a rub and tug from ARpernikm Has earned a rub and tug from ARpernikm Has earned a rub and tug from ARpernikm Has earned a rub and tug from ARpernikm Has earned a rub and tug from AR
Default A little worried about my boondocker control box

Back ground: 2010 M8 turbo with 2010 boondocker RG kit w/o intercooler. Ran flawlessley for 3 years. Recently broke steering post so I was into the wiring behind the heat shield etc.

Sled ran good for half a day, but started to lay down on powder climbs. EGT's a bit high. No codes no det signalled from the sensor. Noticed condensation inside the control box clear lens. Kinda felt like the clutches hanging up and I noticed two weight set screws backing out and the the weight sliding fwd and back on the bolt. No allen wrench so I had to live with that till I got home.

Pulled the plugs...noticed a yellow/white crust...possibley from race gas?...plugs seemed lean tho. Got scared and adjusted the box to literally dump fuel in the mid range and top end. EGT's back down to 1150-1200... way safe for that sled. Then it was really boggy in the mid range so eventually adjusted that back to normal. Then I notice the switch I put in to turn off the water temp sensor (to help start a heat soaked motor) was in the off position. Flipping that back on greatly improved things and did some big powder pulls on and off the throttle. Seemed to work great...but coming back down to the truck blipping throttle...it hicuuped a few times under moderated accelleration...just like someone hit the kill switch for a 1/2 second then it would pull fine...

now the weird part. sled set outside in the sun under a black cover for 24 hours...came home from work and backed it into the garage. no condensation in the lens. Looked at the stats...exactly 10.0 lbs of boost max and Max dc in/out was about 65/02 ??? How can the duty cycle be that low..or was it 102? and I have never dialed it into exactly 10.0 lbs of boost...its always 9.8 or 10.1 or something but never 10.0...

Took the controler off the sled to bring inside to make sure it dried out. Reset all the numbers to zero and on a whim plugged it back into the sled to see how the numbers were working. Immediately it showed 10.0 lbs of boost but the DC in/out numbers seemed to be working. Reset the max boost to zero and it seemed to be working.

Took the controler into the house and notice a tear on the heat shrink where the wires go into the box...probably the source of the moisture leak...

Should I be scared? Is the hiccup and early symptom of impending doom?...You have all the info now including most that doesn't matter...

What's the vote?

Karl
Back Country Rebels - Forums > REBELS WITH A WRENCH > MOD / FORCED AIR