Go Back   Back Country Rebels - Forums > REBELS WITH A WRENCH > PROJECT REBEL PRO

PROJECT REBEL PRO BCR Project Sled

Old 12-18-2012, 06:07 PM
Is that a fat guy joke?

REBEL Has earned a rub and tug from ARREBEL Has earned a rub and tug from ARREBEL Has earned a rub and tug from ARREBEL Has earned a rub and tug from AR
REBEL Has earned a rub and tug from ARREBEL Has earned a rub and tug from ARREBEL Has earned a rub and tug from ARREBEL Has earned a rub and tug from ARREBEL Has earned a rub and tug from ARREBEL Has earned a rub and tug from ARREBEL Has earned a rub and tug from ARREBEL Has earned a rub and tug from ARREBEL Has earned a rub and tug from ARREBEL Has earned a rub and tug from ARREBEL Has earned a rub and tug from ARREBEL Has earned a rub and tug from AR
Default Fastrax Front/Rear Bumper Installs

First off want to thank Curt and crew there at Fastrax/Union Bay Racing... These guys not only put out some flat out amazing products that are tried/tested/amazing fit & finish, but have some of the best customer service in the industry.

I have been sending him my paychecks for a long time now, and always get top quality goodies for my sleds...

They also build some great products for trailers, quads, bikes, ect... If you are in the market for any such item, give them a call. They will get you setup perfect.

Telephone: 253-848-0908
Old 12-18-2012, 06:18 PM
Is that a fat guy joke?

REBEL Has earned a rub and tug from ARREBEL Has earned a rub and tug from ARREBEL Has earned a rub and tug from ARREBEL Has earned a rub and tug from AR
REBEL Has earned a rub and tug from ARREBEL Has earned a rub and tug from ARREBEL Has earned a rub and tug from ARREBEL Has earned a rub and tug from ARREBEL Has earned a rub and tug from ARREBEL Has earned a rub and tug from ARREBEL Has earned a rub and tug from ARREBEL Has earned a rub and tug from ARREBEL Has earned a rub and tug from ARREBEL Has earned a rub and tug from ARREBEL Has earned a rub and tug from ARREBEL Has earned a rub and tug from AR

Lets start with the Rear bumper setup.. We all know the Polaris Pro rear bumper is well.... more of a towel holder than a bumper

The bottom cross bar on the bumper is actually designed to keep the snowflap away from the top bar.. So when you get stuck, you can still access the top bar.. The other thing you will see from the pictures is it actually moves your lift point UP which in turn helps fat people like me not have to lift from a lower point in the snow trench..

First take off stock (it requires a T25 torq and 10mm wrench)

Next unpack your new goodies

After placing the two back bars into the side pieces and "loosly" tighten.. Place new bolt through back stock hole from rear bumper on both sides..

Next find a drill bit the same size at the other four bolts to be installed (2 on each side).. Drill out these 4 holes and install hardware.. I actually installed them "nut" side out the first time (as you see in picture/instructions sheet).. Then went back and flipped them to allen head out

Next retighten the back 4 allens which hold the cross member pieces to the side pieces.. and crack a beer your done

Old 12-18-2012, 06:33 PM
Is that a fat guy joke?

Ok so now lets switch over to the front bumper.. Like the rear, the Polaris front bumper leaves a lot to be desired for riders who like to bash trees.

First remove the pipe from the sled

Then drill out the 2 stock rivets on the inside of the front bumper where it connects to the stock nose

Remove the back two bolts holding the bumper to the front portion of the frame.. Then remove the middle bumper support arm

Now it looks like so

Now install the Fastrax bumper into the sled.. place the back two bolts from the hiem joint into the factory location (don't forget to place the grounds back on the PTO side mounting location.. Then install the center support piece (back goes into stock, front hooks back into the bump with supplied hardware).. Drill out the location for the front two rivets (the nose pan already has the slot for your location) and install the rivets supplied. You can also replace the two filler pieces.. I choose not to as i don't think it helps with the look and if nothing else will let just a touch more air into the sled..

Boom your done.. That was easy pezzy.. There is adjustment in this bumper via the hiem joints at the back two mounting locations. You can minipulate your from nose/side plastic to make sure your panels fit perfect.. I didn't do so because the side panels fit like a glove.. but its nice to have the option if needed..

Its not ready for an onslaught of bark rubbing
Back Country Rebels - Forums > REBELS WITH A WRENCH > PROJECT REBEL PRO