Go Back   Back Country Rebels - Forums > THE REBEL YELL > THE BUTCHER SHOP > Sauces and marinades

Old 05-05-2010, 07:31 AM
REBEL

Bushman Offical PLPBushman Offical PLPBushman Offical PLPBushman Offical PLP
Bushman Offical PLPBushman Offical PLPBushman Offical PLPBushman Offical PLPBushman Offical PLPBushman Offical PLPBushman Offical PLPBushman Offical PLP
Default Bushmans To Die For Mustard BBQ Sauce

Here it is folks after years of tweeks & twist for a OMG THIS IS AWSOME treat for your mouth!

Great with Pork, Ham Steak, Grilled Sausage, Chicken & Best of all BRISKET!

For a small batch of about 1.5 cups
2 tbl spoons butter
2 tbl spoons Yellow Mustard Seed
Bacon YES BACON to your hearts content 1-10 slices thinly slivered because WE LOVE BACON
1/2 Sweet Onion finely diced
1 Cup Dijon-Style or Grainy Mustard
1/2 cup firmly packed brown sugar
3 tbl spoons Molasses
1/2 cup Cider Vinegar
Course salt & pepper

Toast the mustard seeds in saucepan over medium heat untill lighly browned 2-3 minutes & transfer to heatproof bowl to cool.

Add butter, bacon & onion to pan & cook over medium until the onion is lightly browned. Stir in mustard, vinegar, brown sugar, molasses & half of the toasted mustard seeds & gradually bring to a boil. Reduce heat & gently simmer the sauce untill thick & richly flavored, Add salt & plenty of pepper
to taste.

Transfer sauce to jar & store in refrigerator for up to 5 days, Store remaining toasted mustard seeds in airtight container & sprinkle them over the sauce just before serving.

Enjoy! I have made this in a larger amount & served up to 40 people before with all thinking I was some sort of a BBQ God
I know what I will be having this weekend

These “odious debts” are considered to be the personal debts of the tyrants who incurred them, rather than the country’s debt

Last edited by Bushman; 05-05-2010 at 09:10 AM.
Old 12-05-2012, 06:22 AM
REBEL

Bushman Offical PLPBushman Offical PLPBushman Offical PLPBushman Offical PLPBushman Offical PLPBushman Offical PLPBushman Offical PLPBushman Offical PLP

^^^^^ You owe it to yourself to try this!!!!

These “odious debts” are considered to be the personal debts of the tyrants who incurred them, rather than the country’s debt
Old 12-05-2012, 06:37 AM
" Boo's Life Coach Student "

Rob1334 Offical PLPRob1334 Offical PLPRob1334 Offical PLPRob1334 Offical PLP
Rob1334 Offical PLPRob1334 Offical PLPRob1334 Offical PLPRob1334 Offical PLPRob1334 Offical PLPRob1334 Offical PLPRob1334 Offical PLPRob1334 Offical PLP

I'm confused with the bacon, ya use diced up stuff or is the sauce just the grease that comes off of it??

I have some days off coming up and need something to do, gonna do some large meals and prep some muff pot recipes to try, me thinks I can make something like this work.

Roughrider Snowmobile Club
Old 12-05-2012, 06:38 AM
REBEL

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob1334 View Post
I'm confused with the bacon, ya use diced up stuff or is the sauce just the grease that comes off of it??

I have some days off coming up and need something to do, gonna do some large meals and prep some muff pot recipes to try, me thinks I can make something like this work.
Yes, cut into tiny pieces to eat in the suace, the added flavor is a huge bonus!

Old 12-07-2012, 11:16 PM
Walkin' tall machine gun man

Doc Has earned a rub and tug from ARDoc Has earned a rub and tug from AR
Doc Has earned a rub and tug from ARDoc Has earned a rub and tug from ARDoc Has earned a rub and tug from ARDoc Has earned a rub and tug from ARDoc Has earned a rub and tug from ARDoc Has earned a rub and tug from ARDoc Has earned a rub and tug from ARDoc Has earned a rub and tug from ARDoc Has earned a rub and tug from ARDoc Has earned a rub and tug from AR

Just played around with this recipe the other day....

highly reccomend it....there is a lot more you can do with it....had a bit left over, deglased with dark rum, added sauted mushrooms and roasted pepper corns for a steak sauce after i strained it.

the flavors to begin with are tantelizing. play with it and experiment with it... this one is getting filed away for furture reference for sure
Old 12-11-2012, 08:10 AM
REBEL

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doc View Post
Just played around with this recipe the other day....

highly reccomend it....there is a lot more you can do with it....had a bit left over, deglased with dark rum, added sauted mushrooms and roasted pepper corns for a steak sauce after i strained it.

the flavors to begin with are tantelizing. play with it and experiment with it... this one is getting filed away for furture reference for sure
That sounds great! Never thought of twisting it into a dipping sauce. The flavor is different & delicious, very worth the effort to make & enjoy.

Back Country Rebels - Forums > THE REBEL YELL > THE BUTCHER SHOP > Sauces and marinades