Go Back   Back Country Rebels - Forums > REBELS WITH A WRENCH > MOD / FORCED AIR > TURBO'D / SUPERCHARGED

TURBO'D / SUPERCHARGED If it's boosted it goes here!

Old 11-04-2012, 10:51 PM
REBEL

pernikm Has earned a rub and tug from ARpernikm Has earned a rub and tug from ARpernikm Has earned a rub and tug from ARpernikm Has earned a rub and tug from AR
pernikm Has earned a rub and tug from ARpernikm Has earned a rub and tug from ARpernikm Has earned a rub and tug from ARpernikm Has earned a rub and tug from ARpernikm Has earned a rub and tug from ARpernikm Has earned a rub and tug from ARpernikm Has earned a rub and tug from ARpernikm Has earned a rub and tug from ARpernikm Has earned a rub and tug from ARpernikm Has earned a rub and tug from ARpernikm Has earned a rub and tug from ARpernikm Has earned a rub and tug from ARpernikm Has earned a rub and tug from ARpernikm Has earned a rub and tug from ARpernikm Has earned a rub and tug from AR
Default D7 Turbo Question.

Where does BD tap into the coolant lines for the turbo...do they just tap into the hot water from the top of the enging going to throttle bodies or the 1" hose coming out of the heat exchangers?
Old 11-04-2012, 10:58 PM
REBEL

XC Offical PLPXC Offical PLPXC Offical PLPXC Offical PLP
XC Offical PLPXC Offical PLPXC Offical PLPXC Offical PLPXC Offical PLPXC Offical PLPXC Offical PLPXC Offical PLP

They run from the Mag side Throttle body over to the Turbo then back to the bottle.

On mine I just took the throttle bodies out of the loop completely. No need to heat them with the turbo as it's already heating the incoming air because of the compression process. I just took the line from the head, over to the turbo, then up to the bottle. 2 less connections to cause problems and Like I said you're already heating things up to begin with so no need for heating the throttle bodies.
Rebel #86

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
Old 11-04-2012, 11:03 PM
REBEL

pernikm Has earned a rub and tug from ARpernikm Has earned a rub and tug from ARpernikm Has earned a rub and tug from ARpernikm Has earned a rub and tug from AR
pernikm Has earned a rub and tug from ARpernikm Has earned a rub and tug from ARpernikm Has earned a rub and tug from ARpernikm Has earned a rub and tug from ARpernikm Has earned a rub and tug from ARpernikm Has earned a rub and tug from ARpernikm Has earned a rub and tug from ARpernikm Has earned a rub and tug from ARpernikm Has earned a rub and tug from ARpernikm Has earned a rub and tug from ARpernikm Has earned a rub and tug from ARpernikm Has earned a rub and tug from ARpernikm Has earned a rub and tug from ARpernikm Has earned a rub and tug from ARpernikm Has earned a rub and tug from AR

Sweet...that was my plan A what you had just described. I just didn't know if it was smart to use hot water to "cool" the turbo...but it seems like turbos run really hot so anything is an improvement...Thanx!
Old 11-04-2012, 11:07 PM
REBEL

XC Offical PLPXC Offical PLPXC Offical PLPXC Offical PLP
XC Offical PLPXC Offical PLPXC Offical PLPXC Offical PLPXC Offical PLPXC Offical PLPXC Offical PLPXC Offical PLP

yeah, I ran it for a year without the cooling lines with zero problems then added them later. The first couple years they didn't even offer a kit for cooling. it's better than nothing but IMO not really needed either.
Rebel #86

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
Old 11-04-2012, 11:23 PM
REBEL

ya...I figure i could buy two MPT plugs or two MPT to hose barb fittings...might as well run the coolant.
Back Country Rebels - Forums > REBELS WITH A WRENCH > MOD / FORCED AIR > TURBO'D / SUPERCHARGED