Go Back   Back Country Rebels - Forums > REBELS WITH A WRENCH > MOD / FORCED AIR > TURBO'D / SUPERCHARGED

TURBO'D / SUPERCHARGED If it's boosted it goes here!

Old 10-15-2012, 11:18 PM
REBEL

pernikm Has earned a rub and tug from ARpernikm Has earned a rub and tug from ARpernikm Has earned a rub and tug from ARpernikm Has earned a rub and tug from AR
pernikm Has earned a rub and tug from ARpernikm Has earned a rub and tug from ARpernikm Has earned a rub and tug from ARpernikm Has earned a rub and tug from ARpernikm Has earned a rub and tug from ARpernikm Has earned a rub and tug from ARpernikm Has earned a rub and tug from ARpernikm Has earned a rub and tug from ARpernikm Has earned a rub and tug from ARpernikm Has earned a rub and tug from ARpernikm Has earned a rub and tug from ARpernikm Has earned a rub and tug from ARpernikm Has earned a rub and tug from ARpernikm Has earned a rub and tug from ARpernikm Has earned a rub and tug from AR
Default Belt life on a turbo?

Well...I have been running my 2010 TM8 for 3 years now and decided it does not blow belts...Except for my anual bone head maneuver...like...why isn't this sled moving? duh...parking brake is on...crap...hour glassed a belt...Well last years belt made it the whole season...What's the vote here? Am I on borrowed time? I measured the belt and it is actually wider than the new one, but clearly more broken in but no chords missing and no cracking. I certainly don't need any crank destroying belt catastrophes either...chime in on the vote.

Karl
Old 11-04-2012, 10:03 PM
REBEL

XC Offical PLPXC Offical PLPXC Offical PLPXC Offical PLP
XC Offical PLPXC Offical PLPXC Offical PLPXC Offical PLPXC Offical PLPXC Offical PLPXC Offical PLPXC Offical PLP

I'd run it but have another one handy as usual, if you see any cords pulling or anything like that then swap it.

I used to run a 115 belt on my TD7 and never wrecked one in 3 seasons except trying to use reverse in spring heavy snow. Replaced 1 due to just wearing it out.

Then I tried a Gates Extreme one season and found out that they are in deed hard on belts if they aren't up to the task. One blew in 46 miles and the other went about 25 before pulling cords. The one that blew did so in grand fashion. We fit all the remaining pieces in a ziplock sandwich bag hahahaha.
Rebel #86

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
Back Country Rebels - Forums > REBELS WITH A WRENCH > MOD / FORCED AIR > TURBO'D / SUPERCHARGED