Go Back   Back Country Rebels - Forums > THE TRENCH > RIDING AREAS - USA > ARIZONA

Old 08-20-2012, 10:29 AM
Prospect

Vitamin_D Has earned a rub and tug from AR
Vitamin_D Has earned a rub and tug from ARVitamin_D Has earned a rub and tug from ARVitamin_D Has earned a rub and tug from ARVitamin_D Has earned a rub and tug from ARVitamin_D Has earned a rub and tug from ARVitamin_D Has earned a rub and tug from ARVitamin_D Has earned a rub and tug from ARVitamin_D Has earned a rub and tug from ARVitamin_D Has earned a rub and tug from ARVitamin_D Has earned a rub and tug from ARVitamin_D Has earned a rub and tug from ARVitamin_D Has earned a rub and tug from ARVitamin_D Has earned a rub and tug from ARVitamin_D Has earned a rub and tug from ARVitamin_D Has earned a rub and tug from AR
Default Tour De Bradshaws. More than just a ride, an adventure.

The ride started simple enough. The plan was to explore the trails up to Crown King, have lunch, top off the tanks, and explore some more on the way back.

Here is the caravan to the staging area.

Everyone getting ready.

This way to Crown King.

Already bored of the roads we do a map check looking for something a little more entertaining.

Off on a detourÖ

I spent 18 years in North Bend. Iím used to guys staring at my bum.
Old 08-20-2012, 10:35 AM
Prospect

Vitamin_D Has earned a rub and tug from ARVitamin_D Has earned a rub and tug from ARVitamin_D Has earned a rub and tug from ARVitamin_D Has earned a rub and tug from ARVitamin_D Has earned a rub and tug from ARVitamin_D Has earned a rub and tug from ARVitamin_D Has earned a rub and tug from ARVitamin_D Has earned a rub and tug from ARVitamin_D Has earned a rub and tug from ARVitamin_D Has earned a rub and tug from ARVitamin_D Has earned a rub and tug from ARVitamin_D Has earned a rub and tug from ARVitamin_D Has earned a rub and tug from ARVitamin_D Has earned a rub and tug from ARVitamin_D Has earned a rub and tug from AR

We find a little unmarked trail and decide to explore.

We congregate, and decide to continue on.

A quick pause for the view.

Dave had a thorn stuck in the side of his nose that was so big I had to take a picture of it.

Old 08-20-2012, 10:43 AM
Prospect

More ExploringÖ

Dave

Rich

Jerry

We are done with that trail, time for another map check.

After a while we find ourselves on a superhighway. I bore quickly and start taking pictures.

Found it!

Old 08-20-2012, 11:14 AM
Prospect

Eventually we find our way to Crown King and stop to top off our tanks and bellies.

Pre-mixing at the pump.

Time for lunch.

After lunch we are total tourists and ride around to see the sights. Eventually we make our way to Horse Thief Lake.

A pretty cool dam.

Makes a nice little lake.

Old 08-20-2012, 11:15 AM
Prospect

Off and exploring again we turn down another unmarked trail to see where it might take us.

Dave.

Jerry.

HmmÖ Things start to tighten up a bit. Fantastic! We are after all up there to find rugged single track.

Old 08-20-2012, 11:17 AM
Prospect

Can you find the trail in this photo?

My leaf blower on wheels.

We continue onÖ

Dave.

Jerry.

Old 08-20-2012, 11:39 AM
"bcr forum security services"

Mule Offical PLPMule Offical PLPMule Offical PLPMule Offical PLP
Mule Offical PLPMule Offical PLPMule Offical PLPMule Offical PLPMule Offical PLPMule Offical PLPMule Offical PLPMule Offical PLP

Awesome pics.
#155 | Mule's Photos | BackCountryRebels | ThumperTalk | Tekrider | TylersBA
I am a Snowmobiler!
Old 08-20-2012, 11:40 AM
Prospect

The two-hunny.

Here we pause to view the wildlife. Notice how the head & tail are blurry?

ErrÖ Wardrobe malfunction.

Whoo-Hoo! We are back on an actual road! ButÖ Then rich drops his chain.

More wildlife.

Old 08-20-2012, 11:46 AM
Prospect

Okay now we have reached the part where the pictures stop. We are completely off course, hungry, tired, out of water and the bikes are running on fumes.

Eventually we find some shooters and ask them how close we are to Hwy 74.
Not close at all but the Table Mesa off ramp on I-17 is only 2 more miles down the road.
As in Interstate seventeen???

Yup.

Since my 200 XC-W is the smallest bike in the group, I set the pace to Anthem.
Off we go along the shoulder of I-17 at a blistering 45 mph.
Itís astonishing how little fuel our bikes consume while traveling at that speed on a paved road.

Our first stop is to Wal-Mart to buy some crappy ass pre-mix & water.

More pre-mixing at the pumpÖ

By some kind of miracle we ride about 30 miles of paved highway without any police harassment.

Only about ten miles from the staging area, with no headlights, the sun begins to fade over the horizon.

Old 08-20-2012, 11:48 AM
Prospect

Route mapÖ

Total MileageÖ

Back Country Rebels - Forums > THE TRENCH > RIDING AREAS - USA > ARIZONA