Go Back   Back Country Rebels - Forums > REBELS WITH A WRENCH > MOD / FORCED AIR > TURBO'D / SUPERCHARGED

TURBO'D / SUPERCHARGED If it's boosted it goes here!

Old 04-11-2012, 10:55 PM
REBEL

pernikm Has earned a rub and tug from ARpernikm Has earned a rub and tug from ARpernikm Has earned a rub and tug from ARpernikm Has earned a rub and tug from AR
pernikm Has earned a rub and tug from ARpernikm Has earned a rub and tug from ARpernikm Has earned a rub and tug from ARpernikm Has earned a rub and tug from ARpernikm Has earned a rub and tug from ARpernikm Has earned a rub and tug from ARpernikm Has earned a rub and tug from ARpernikm Has earned a rub and tug from ARpernikm Has earned a rub and tug from ARpernikm Has earned a rub and tug from ARpernikm Has earned a rub and tug from ARpernikm Has earned a rub and tug from ARpernikm Has earned a rub and tug from ARpernikm Has earned a rub and tug from ARpernikm Has earned a rub and tug from AR
Default need some ideas

Need some help deciding what to do...I have a 2010 TM8 163 with a race bd kit w/o intercooler and a kmod suspension raptors all around...its a pretty sweet sled...but I picked up an 07 dragon 700 153 with rebuilt big bearing crank and fresh top end and another bd kit. The cool thing is the 700 bd kit came with both a set up to run with and without an intercooler.

The plan is to run the Dragon on marginal snow days and spring time since it's a 153 and use the m8 on big days....or use the dragon as an emergency back up sled.

I was thinking I could get away with the pump gas kit on the D7 and modify the intercooler for M8. This is base solely on needing less power on the more marginal days. This is the high energy approach since modifying the intercooler is a bit non-trivial, but can be done.

I could also order a custom intercooler off the web...they are only a couple hundred bucks so not that bad...

Question is Do the 700's run significantly better with the intercooler? ..cuz I can go that route too and leave the m8 alone. I usually run AV gas or 50-50 race/91 at about 10 lbs on the M8...so i am not afraid to fuel the dragon right...but the pump gas option...if realistic is also appealing....but I have a friend that is running his M8 at 10 lbs with a water/air set up on 91 octane...that is appealing also since I need better gas or I bounce off the det sensor.

Any ideas?

Karl

Last edited by pernikm; 04-12-2012 at 09:40 PM.
Old 04-14-2012, 01:47 PM
Prospect

sven Has earned a rub and tug from ARsven Has earned a rub and tug from ARsven Has earned a rub and tug from ARsven Has earned a rub and tug from ARsven Has earned a rub and tug from ARsven Has earned a rub and tug from ARsven Has earned a rub and tug from ARsven Has earned a rub and tug from ARsven Has earned a rub and tug from ARsven Has earned a rub and tug from ARsven Has earned a rub and tug from ARsven Has earned a rub and tug from AR

intercooling is always better, if you have the option to run water to air that is also better than air to air becaused it does not rely on ground speed to keep things cool. if you are going to run the d7 on marginal day i wouldn't do a turbo just for overheating reasons.
Back Country Rebels - Forums > REBELS WITH A WRENCH > MOD / FORCED AIR > TURBO'D / SUPERCHARGED