Go Back   Back Country Rebels - Forums > SITE RULES, ANNOUNCEMENTS and MEMBER INPUT > BCR FORUM RIDE -WEST YELLOWSTONE 2012

BCR FORUM RIDE -WEST YELLOWSTONE 2012 Feb 23 - 26th All information will be posted in here.

Old 02-23-2012, 12:56 AM
Just Got Here

Walleye is an unknown quantity at this point
Default some questions about area and meet

Sorry to start a new thread about meeting. I don't have much time to go through threads while I'm here. Been here since Monday evening. Ride has been good so far. We had problem finding mt Jefferson today. We started from shotguns parking lot which is a mile from our cabin. Rode up the trail, found a fork. Went right and turned back because at one point there is a small hill that you got to cross to get back on the track by creek. It was slick, some of our riders are not very experienced. So we went back to the fork and went on the lefr which took us up to 8500ft. There was a nice small area to play but clouds got worse and couldnt see anymore and went back down stuck to trails.

How do we get there? A friend said start from Robins roost cross hwy take small side trail along road and take a left to a unmarked trail up to jefferson? I would love to meet up with some of you Thursday or friday and get to ride with those who are familar with the area.

One other thing, I got recommend clutch setup from speedwerx that they used on their stock m1000. I think it is 63g weight but I know it is 36 degree helix. It is struggling a lot and not backshifting right. Will not go past 6400 sometimes 6800 in the deep snow especially up hills. On trails it will not go past 7k rpm. Still does not backshift right on trails. Does a.nyone know a shop I can go and see if they have different weights? My sled is bone stock except for clutching. It's a 07 m1000 with 4 tower primary.

Or could it be normal since its high elevation? Speedwerx said that they use that setup past 9k ft.
Old 02-23-2012, 01:44 AM
"EDDIE GUMMER"

2110 Has earned a rub and tug from AR2110 Has earned a rub and tug from AR2110 Has earned a rub and tug from AR2110 Has earned a rub and tug from AR2110 Has earned a rub and tug from AR2110 Has earned a rub and tug from AR2110 Has earned a rub and tug from AR2110 Has earned a rub and tug from AR2110 Has earned a rub and tug from AR

with the conditions as they are I personally would not be going back into Jefferson right now.........especially with inexperienced riders. from what you described, it sounds like you hit the open climb on the south side up reas peak.....from there, once you get to the top of that if you can see, you would drop off the back of that into what would be the Jefferson area. Again, right now that is going to be very very sketchy to say the least because all the slopes draining down into there are northern facing and will be extremely wind loaded. IMO, there are too many areas in the West/IP area to risk going back in there for the next while till things have had a chance to settle.
Old 02-23-2012, 06:41 AM
REBEL

revpilot Offical PLPrevpilot Offical PLPrevpilot Offical PLPrevpilot Offical PLP
revpilot Offical PLPrevpilot Offical PLPrevpilot Offical PLPrevpilot Offical PLPrevpilot Offical PLPrevpilot Offical PLPrevpilot Offical PLPrevpilot Offical PLP

Don't go to Jefferson and stay away from Rheas too unless you're with someone who knows the area. If you're in the shotgun area go west to the end of the plowed road, from the parking lot, follow the trail to the North, that's keg springs. It's pretty safe if you avoid the steeps.

No, your clutch is fouled up, Elk Crk. Station is your closest shop, if not there go to Action 2 or the Polaris shop at Last Chance.
Old 02-23-2012, 06:43 AM
"Little Creep"

TROUT HUNTER has disabled reputation

What he said. Best advice I could give you is stay out of there right now. Bad place to be with all the slides activity. Also its not a place to be when the weather is socked in. My group rides it a lot and we won't touch that area right now.
Old 02-23-2012, 07:28 AM
REBEL

Snowizard Offical PLPSnowizard Offical PLPSnowizard Offical PLPSnowizard Offical PLP
Snowizard Offical PLPSnowizard Offical PLPSnowizard Offical PLPSnowizard Offical PLPSnowizard Offical PLPSnowizard Offical PLPSnowizard Offical PLPSnowizard Offical PLP

Sam, "Walleye", be safe out there. Listen to these experts.
Have fun too.

Roger,
on North Long Lk.
Old 02-23-2012, 11:50 AM
I got beat down by an old man

goldenwest Has earned a rub and tug from ARgoldenwest Has earned a rub and tug from ARgoldenwest Has earned a rub and tug from AR
goldenwest Has earned a rub and tug from ARgoldenwest Has earned a rub and tug from ARgoldenwest Has earned a rub and tug from ARgoldenwest Has earned a rub and tug from ARgoldenwest Has earned a rub and tug from ARgoldenwest Has earned a rub and tug from ARgoldenwest Has earned a rub and tug from ARgoldenwest Has earned a rub and tug from ARgoldenwest Has earned a rub and tug from ARgoldenwest Has earned a rub and tug from ARgoldenwest Has earned a rub and tug from ARgoldenwest Has earned a rub and tug from ARgoldenwest Has earned a rub and tug from ARgoldenwest Has earned a rub and tug from AR

Quote:
Originally Posted by Walleye View Post
Sorry to start a new thread about meeting. I don't have much time to go through threads while I'm here. Been here since Monday evening. Ride has been good so far. We had problem finding mt Jefferson today. We started from shotguns parking lot which is a mile from our cabin. Rode up the trail, found a fork. Went right and turned back because at one point there is a small hill that you got to cross to get back on the track by creek. It was slick, some of our riders are not very experienced. So we went back to the fork and went on the lefr which took us up to 8500ft. There was a nice small area to play but clouds got worse and couldnt see anymore and went back down stuck to trails.

How do we get there? A friend said start from Robins roost cross hwy take small side trail along road and take a left to a unmarked trail up to jefferson? I would love to meet up with some of you Thursday or friday and get to ride with those who are familar with the area.

One other thing, I got recommend clutch setup from speedwerx that they used on their stock m1000. I think it is 63g weight but I know it is 36 degree helix. It is struggling a lot and not backshifting right. Will not go past 6400 sometimes 6800 in the deep snow especially up hills. On trails it will not go past 7k rpm. Still does not backshift right on trails. Does a.nyone know a shop I can go and see if they have different weights? My sled is bone stock except for clutching. It's a 07 m1000 with 4 tower primary.

Or could it be normal since its high elevation? Speedwerx said that they use that setup past 9k ft.
Please stay out of Jefferson as it will slide in numerous spots back there. And THEY WILL NOT BE SMALL SLIDES. Come up to the Idaho Montana line and work your way to the west. This is the Lionshead area, but STAY OFF THE OPEN HILLS in there as they will also slide. But there is plenty of open meadows and small drainages to play in back there. RIDE SMART TO RIDE ANOTHER DAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

www.goldenwestmotel.com

www.majesticmtnretreat.com

www.vrbo.com/350838

www.vrbo.com/384296

Originally Posted by Blu Du
well the tip paid off he gave me 5 numbers that 1 is the right number. 3 of them have already been picked so tommarrow i have a 50 50 shot at wining. oh ya kurt also said he was moving to butte montana
Old 02-23-2012, 10:01 PM
Prospect

MNSLEDNECK56308 Has earned a rub and tug from ARMNSLEDNECK56308 Has earned a rub and tug from AR
MNSLEDNECK56308 Has earned a rub and tug from ARMNSLEDNECK56308 Has earned a rub and tug from ARMNSLEDNECK56308 Has earned a rub and tug from ARMNSLEDNECK56308 Has earned a rub and tug from ARMNSLEDNECK56308 Has earned a rub and tug from ARMNSLEDNECK56308 Has earned a rub and tug from ARMNSLEDNECK56308 Has earned a rub and tug from ARMNSLEDNECK56308 Has earned a rub and tug from ARMNSLEDNECK56308 Has earned a rub and tug from ARMNSLEDNECK56308 Has earned a rub and tug from ARMNSLEDNECK56308 Has earned a rub and tug from ARMNSLEDNECK56308 Has earned a rub and tug from AR

Kegs rocked today!
Back Country Rebels - Forums > SITE RULES, ANNOUNCEMENTS and MEMBER INPUT > BCR FORUM RIDE -WEST YELLOWSTONE 2012