Go Back   Back Country Rebels - Forums > THE REBEL YELL > THE BUTCHER SHOP > Beef, Pork, and Chicken

Old 11-18-2011, 07:10 AM
Prospect

TonyStark Has earned a rub and tug from ARTonyStark Has earned a rub and tug from ARTonyStark Has earned a rub and tug from AR
TonyStark Has earned a rub and tug from ARTonyStark Has earned a rub and tug from ARTonyStark Has earned a rub and tug from ARTonyStark Has earned a rub and tug from ARTonyStark Has earned a rub and tug from ARTonyStark Has earned a rub and tug from ARTonyStark Has earned a rub and tug from ARTonyStark Has earned a rub and tug from ARTonyStark Has earned a rub and tug from AR
Default Turkey Day Recipies

didnt see a better place to put this... lets see some thanksgiving recipies.. anyone have anything special they make?

heres my stuffing recipe and bread pudding

stuffing:
1/4 cup butter
1 cup celery, chopped
1/2 cup raisins
4 cups apples, cored, pared, and chopped
6 cups fresh bread cubes
1 tablespoon salt
1 teaspoon poultry seasoning
1 cup chicken stock
1 tablespoon parsley
3 eggs, beaten

Melt the butter in a large skillet. Saute celery until tender.
Combine the remaining ingredients in a large bowl and add the celery
Toss lightly with a fork until well mixed.
Put dressing in a covered greased baking pan.
Bake for 1 hour @ 350F for 1 hour.

bread pudding:

1 cups granulated sugar
5 large beaten eggs
2 cups milk
2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
1/2 tsp cinnamon
3 cups cubed Italian bread, allow to stale overnight in a bowl
1/2 cup packed light brown sugar
1/4 cup (1/2 stick) butter, softened
1 cup chopped pecans
1 cup raisins (soaked overnight in 1/4 cup bourbon)

Brandy sauce:
1 cup granulated sugar
1/2 cup (1 stick) butter, melted
1 egg, beaten
2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
1/4 cup brandy

Mix together granulated sugar, cinnamon, eggs, and milk in a bowl; add vanilla and stir in raisins (drain out brandy). Pour over cubed bread and let sit for 10 minutes.

In a mixer, mix together brown sugar and butter on low until well mixed. Add the pecans and mix in.

Pour bread mixture into prepared pan. Sprinkle brown sugar mixture over the top and bake for 35 to 45 minutes, or until set. Remove from oven and top with sauce

Sauce
Mix together the granulated sugar, butter, egg, and vanilla in a saucepan over medium heat. Stir together until the sugar is melted. Add the brandy, stirring well. Pour over bread pudding. Serve warm or cold.
Old 11-22-2011, 08:17 AM
REBEL

PJ-Hunter Has earned a rub and tug from ARPJ-Hunter Has earned a rub and tug from ARPJ-Hunter Has earned a rub and tug from ARPJ-Hunter Has earned a rub and tug from ARPJ-Hunter Has earned a rub and tug from AR
PJ-Hunter Has earned a rub and tug from ARPJ-Hunter Has earned a rub and tug from ARPJ-Hunter Has earned a rub and tug from ARPJ-Hunter Has earned a rub and tug from ARPJ-Hunter Has earned a rub and tug from ARPJ-Hunter Has earned a rub and tug from ARPJ-Hunter Has earned a rub and tug from ARPJ-Hunter Has earned a rub and tug from ARPJ-Hunter Has earned a rub and tug from ARPJ-Hunter Has earned a rub and tug from ARPJ-Hunter Has earned a rub and tug from ARPJ-Hunter Has earned a rub and tug from ARPJ-Hunter Has earned a rub and tug from ARPJ-Hunter Has earned a rub and tug from ARPJ-Hunter Has earned a rub and tug from AR

I will be frying my bird and am looking for a good injection marande for it. Personally I like a cajun style injection but it seems that it is too spicy for others and I have to consider their likes and dislikes. I was thinking of a garlic butter maranade with a hint of dill. It made a nice dipping sauce and I'm hoping that it would make a great flavored bird.

I'm open to suggestions and if I decide to create this garlic butter maranade and the family/friends like it I will add it to my recipe book and share it.

JR: "By the time I got to Omaha to pick up my new sled, I was so tired I thought the Care Bears were my co-pilots."
Old 11-22-2011, 08:20 AM
" Boo's Life Coach Student "

Rob1334 Offical PLPRob1334 Offical PLPRob1334 Offical PLPRob1334 Offical PLP
Rob1334 Offical PLPRob1334 Offical PLPRob1334 Offical PLPRob1334 Offical PLPRob1334 Offical PLPRob1334 Offical PLPRob1334 Offical PLPRob1334 Offical PLP

Women cook.

Roughrider Snowmobile Club
Old 11-22-2011, 08:36 AM
Prospect

TonyStark Has earned a rub and tug from ARTonyStark Has earned a rub and tug from ARTonyStark Has earned a rub and tug from AR
TonyStark Has earned a rub and tug from ARTonyStark Has earned a rub and tug from ARTonyStark Has earned a rub and tug from ARTonyStark Has earned a rub and tug from ARTonyStark Has earned a rub and tug from ARTonyStark Has earned a rub and tug from ARTonyStark Has earned a rub and tug from ARTonyStark Has earned a rub and tug from ARTonyStark Has earned a rub and tug from AR

raynes good at a lotta things... cooking aint one of em.... and since she likes girls as much as i do.... cooking is a small price to pay
Back Country Rebels - Forums > THE REBEL YELL > THE BUTCHER SHOP > Beef, Pork, and Chicken