Go Back   Back Country Rebels - Forums > THE REBEL YELL > THE BUTCHER SHOP > Seafood

Old 10-08-2010, 06:04 PM
"Little Creep"

TROUT HUNTER has disabled reputation
Default Good ole Trout Recipies

Well as much fishing as I do, I don't keep anything because I don't know any good ways of cooking it.

Going to start working it in to my diet a bit.

So lets hear your methods for cooking em.
Old 10-08-2010, 06:17 PM
"The Log Man"

Dobir Has earned a rub and tug from ARDobir Has earned a rub and tug from ARDobir Has earned a rub and tug from ARDobir Has earned a rub and tug from ARDobir Has earned a rub and tug from ARDobir Has earned a rub and tug from ARDobir Has earned a rub and tug from ARDobir Has earned a rub and tug from ARDobir Has earned a rub and tug from ARDobir Has earned a rub and tug from ARDobir Has earned a rub and tug from AR
Default Trout

If you catch a big enough trout that you can fillet put a few of the usual spices topped with a bit of brown sugar...place the filets on tin foil in your barbecue...does not take long..one flip and you got yourself a NICE MEAL..the brown sugar gives it a nice sweet edge..the smaller stream trout are more difficult to do this way...
Old 10-08-2010, 07:06 PM
"Little Creep"

Got a 17 in bow from last night that Ill give it a whirl on.. Thanks
Old 10-09-2010, 12:16 PM
I-Da-Azzhole

bullfrog Offical PLPbullfrog Offical PLPbullfrog Offical PLPbullfrog Offical PLP
bullfrog Offical PLPbullfrog Offical PLPbullfrog Offical PLPbullfrog Offical PLPbullfrog Offical PLPbullfrog Offical PLPbullfrog Offical PLPbullfrog Offical PLP

Do as Dobir said, but add some veggies in the foil... corn, beans, onions, etc. HOLY MOLLEY you will love that meal!!!!! I've never tried the brown sugar, but do like a couple pats of butter and some lemon pepper seasoning on mine. You can even do it as a whole fish if it can't be filleted.

Term limits....
1 in office..... 1 in JAIL!!!!!
Old 10-09-2010, 04:16 PM
creepy stalker

ccoleman77 Offical PLPccoleman77 Offical PLPccoleman77 Offical PLPccoleman77 Offical PLP
ccoleman77 Offical PLPccoleman77 Offical PLPccoleman77 Offical PLPccoleman77 Offical PLPccoleman77 Offical PLPccoleman77 Offical PLPccoleman77 Offical PLPccoleman77 Offical PLP

little brooke trout... CLean em, cut the heads off, cut the fins off. dip em in egg and milk mixture. Dip them in corn meal and flour mix. Throw em in a frying pan cook em til done. Eat them like corn in the cob pulling the meat from the bones.
Yup!... It got so bad that a fellow that liked to, you know, smoke a little grass or drink a little ripple. Crow like a rooster! Maybe challenge the mayor's son to a gentlemen's duel, is uncouth, "Against God!" more like bad for real estate values.So we had to go!
Old 11-03-2011, 01:20 AM
Banned

mps Offical PLPmps Offical PLPmps Offical PLPmps Offical PLP
mps Offical PLPmps Offical PLPmps Offical PLPmps Offical PLPmps Offical PLPmps Offical PLPmps Offical PLPmps Offical PLP

I have a freezer full of those trout we caught at Blackfoot Res....the last time I put one on the grill and stuffed them with a couple pieces of bacon....holy chit it was gooood!
Old 11-03-2011, 07:39 AM

Riley Has earned a rub and tug from ARRiley Has earned a rub and tug from ARRiley Has earned a rub and tug from ARRiley Has earned a rub and tug from ARRiley Has earned a rub and tug from ARRiley Has earned a rub and tug from ARRiley Has earned a rub and tug from ARRiley Has earned a rub and tug from AR

The way I usually cook Trout is I wipe as much of the slime off put in tinfoil season with whatever seasoning you like add a little butter a couple squirts of lemon and put on indirect heat on the grill. Works pretty good.
Old 11-08-2011, 12:04 AM
"Little Creep"

Quote:
Originally Posted by mountain-powder-slut View Post
I have a freezer full of those trout we caught at Blackfoot Res....the last time I put one on the grill and stuffed them with a couple pieces of bacon....holy chit it was gooood!
Those trout out of Blackfoot are some of a the best trout I have ever eaten. Even better than some of the steel head I have had.
Old 11-10-2011, 06:28 PM
Is that a fat guy joke?

REBEL Has earned a rub and tug from ARREBEL Has earned a rub and tug from ARREBEL Has earned a rub and tug from ARREBEL Has earned a rub and tug from AR
REBEL Has earned a rub and tug from ARREBEL Has earned a rub and tug from ARREBEL Has earned a rub and tug from ARREBEL Has earned a rub and tug from ARREBEL Has earned a rub and tug from ARREBEL Has earned a rub and tug from ARREBEL Has earned a rub and tug from ARREBEL Has earned a rub and tug from ARREBEL Has earned a rub and tug from ARREBEL Has earned a rub and tug from ARREBEL Has earned a rub and tug from ARREBEL Has earned a rub and tug from AR

Quote:
Originally Posted by BUBBA700 View Post
Those trout out of Blackfoot are some of a the best trout I have ever eaten. Even better than some of the steel head I have had.
PEOPLE EAT GAY FISH?
Back Country Rebels - Forums > THE REBEL YELL > THE BUTCHER SHOP > Seafood