Go Back   Back Country Rebels - Forums > THE TRENCH > RIDING AREAS - USA > NEW MEXICO

Old 11-08-2010, 02:52 PM

tilltheend is an unknown quantity at this point
Default ABQ Trip Info

Hey guys this is my first post, actually was over at sno west in the AZ/NM forum and ended up here, looks like a cool site. Heres the deal, I'll be in ABQ at the end of January without my sleds but I will have a truck and my enclosed...moving my sister..... So me and my buddy thought this was a great chance to head up somewhere new maybe near chama or Durango to get some riding in. Is there a place with decent rentals and reasonable lodging, and probably a guide at least for the first day. I ride a 2010 Summit 800X and really dont want to be on a 550 fan cooled rental. Were open to go whereever and really whenever in the week. Any info would be a great help, thanks!
Old 11-08-2010, 03:10 PM
REBEL

boondocking fool Offical PLPboondocking fool Offical PLPboondocking fool Offical PLPboondocking fool Offical PLP
boondocking fool Offical PLPboondocking fool Offical PLPboondocking fool Offical PLPboondocking fool Offical PLPboondocking fool Offical PLPboondocking fool Offical PLPboondocking fool Offical PLPboondocking fool Offical PLP

you can head north to chama , decent room rates , and 15 miles from the snowmobile rental place , think its called cumbres snowmobile rentals , they carry the ski doo line ,they have guides , will talk to bill , the owner , see if he will let you guys rent from him but ride with our group ............, will let you know more later..................
Old 11-08-2010, 09:02 PM

tilltheend is an unknown quantity at this point

That looks like it would work up in Chama and google maps says 3 hours so that would work. That would be cool to tag along with you guys. But I have to say my buddy is kinda green in the moutain stuff so I would hate to slow anyone down, I;m guessing he'll be fine as he knows how to ride, better than 90% of the guys I ride with. We would have all our riding gear and avi safety gear, I'm level one cert and I'll give him a run down before we leave. Thanks!
Back Country Rebels - Forums > THE TRENCH > RIDING AREAS - USA > NEW MEXICO