Go Back   Back Country Rebels - Forums > THE REBEL YELL > THE BUTCHER SHOP > Products of interest

Old 05-02-2010, 08:14 PM
Walkin' tall machine gun man

Doc Has earned a rub and tug from ARDoc Has earned a rub and tug from AR
Doc Has earned a rub and tug from ARDoc Has earned a rub and tug from ARDoc Has earned a rub and tug from ARDoc Has earned a rub and tug from ARDoc Has earned a rub and tug from ARDoc Has earned a rub and tug from ARDoc Has earned a rub and tug from ARDoc Has earned a rub and tug from ARDoc Has earned a rub and tug from ARDoc Has earned a rub and tug from AR
Default Grills and Smokers

I do most of my grilling on a holland...its quicker and easier than lighting up the BBQ. I have cooked everything on that thing from bacon and eggs to apple pie. I have a little tray for chips that I use from time to time to get a little smoke in it and it works alright.

My smoker is a cheap little barrel smoker with some modifications. Works amazing as long as you have a day to babysit it and drink beer. I keep telling myself I'm gonna build one based off the Kansas City smoker which looks like a pretty solid operation.

The best smoker I've seen that you can just set and forget would have to be a treager....lots of cooking area, keeps constant temps and smokes like a raped ape.

I'd like to get my hands on a green egg and see what all the hype is about them.
Old 05-02-2010, 10:59 PM
Is that a fat guy joke?

REBEL Has earned a rub and tug from ARREBEL Has earned a rub and tug from ARREBEL Has earned a rub and tug from ARREBEL Has earned a rub and tug from AR
REBEL Has earned a rub and tug from ARREBEL Has earned a rub and tug from ARREBEL Has earned a rub and tug from ARREBEL Has earned a rub and tug from ARREBEL Has earned a rub and tug from ARREBEL Has earned a rub and tug from ARREBEL Has earned a rub and tug from ARREBEL Has earned a rub and tug from ARREBEL Has earned a rub and tug from ARREBEL Has earned a rub and tug from ARREBEL Has earned a rub and tug from ARREBEL Has earned a rub and tug from AR

treagers are the way to go as far as grilling/smoking goes as dual purpose.

I personally like the bradley just for smoking, things are as close to set and forget as you can get, without going commercial.

doc, green eggs make some great food and work very well. However they are heavier than chit and still dont think its as good/verstile as the traeger.
Old 05-04-2010, 05:28 PM
"Uncle Buck"

00buck Has earned a rub and tug from AR
00buck Has earned a rub and tug from AR00buck Has earned a rub and tug from AR00buck Has earned a rub and tug from AR00buck Has earned a rub and tug from AR00buck Has earned a rub and tug from AR00buck Has earned a rub and tug from AR00buck Has earned a rub and tug from AR00buck Has earned a rub and tug from AR00buck Has earned a rub and tug from AR00buck Has earned a rub and tug from AR00buck Has earned a rub and tug from AR00buck Has earned a rub and tug from AR

1 more vote for the Traeger
Old 05-06-2010, 08:43 AM
REBEL

yammadog Has earned a rub and tug from AR
yammadog Has earned a rub and tug from ARyammadog Has earned a rub and tug from ARyammadog Has earned a rub and tug from ARyammadog Has earned a rub and tug from ARyammadog Has earned a rub and tug from ARyammadog Has earned a rub and tug from ARyammadog Has earned a rub and tug from ARyammadog Has earned a rub and tug from AR

buddy of mine has the green egg and has a hard time with getting lower temps for smoking..

I ran with the normal barrel type smoker for years and then switched to a gas flamed smoke box. It's nice to throw some chops on for 20 minutes and get a nice little hickory hit or being able to manage 15 hours brisket and ribs for a party of 50....the only problem I have is not being able to compete with the gas flamed system....
Back Country Rebels - Forums > THE REBEL YELL > THE BUTCHER SHOP > Products of interest