Go Back   Back Country Rebels - Forums > REBELS WITH A WRENCH > BACKCOUNTRY RIDES - BUILD THREADS

BACKCOUNTRY RIDES - BUILD THREADS We all like to see builds from the crate up. Bring us along for the creation.

Old 08-13-2017, 08:30 AM
Prospect

crdude Has earned a rub and tug from AR
crdude Has earned a rub and tug from ARcrdude Has earned a rub and tug from ARcrdude Has earned a rub and tug from ARcrdude Has earned a rub and tug from ARcrdude Has earned a rub and tug from ARcrdude Has earned a rub and tug from ARcrdude Has earned a rub and tug from ARcrdude Has earned a rub and tug from ARcrdude Has earned a rub and tug from ARcrdude Has earned a rub and tug from ARcrdude Has earned a rub and tug from AR

Quote:
Originally Posted by 76FoMoCo View Post
lookin good.
Thanks, still trying to come up with stuff to do with this thing. got a little side tracked due to picking up a 78' cobra 440, figured it would be fun to try water skipping a vintage sled

Swapped the lame stock shocks for my ryznar built ones.

Picked up the rings for it, engine should be back together today.
Old 08-20-2017, 12:13 AM
Prospect

crdude Has earned a rub and tug from ARcrdude Has earned a rub and tug from ARcrdude Has earned a rub and tug from ARcrdude Has earned a rub and tug from ARcrdude Has earned a rub and tug from ARcrdude Has earned a rub and tug from ARcrdude Has earned a rub and tug from ARcrdude Has earned a rub and tug from ARcrdude Has earned a rub and tug from ARcrdude Has earned a rub and tug from ARcrdude Has earned a rub and tug from AR

Started polishing the tunnel, still have a ways to go before I'm happy with it but looking better. Unfortunately it really makes the tunnel repairs show, but it will all be covered once the bumper/brace is finished.

engines in, didn't take a pic with the air box and everything but its all done. All that's left is to put the exhaust in and oil tank then add coolant.

Here you can see the van amburg bulkhead/tunnel brace. Sure, all the braces on the chassis and suspension add a little weight, but the general idea of this sled is being able to take a serious beating and keep on rip'n without bending/cracking everything after a season.
Old 08-23-2017, 10:10 PM
Prospect

Had its first start today, ran well but CEL is on, so have to trouble shoot that.

[url=https://ibb.co/kHRFGk][/url
Old 08-24-2017, 03:20 AM
Prospect

I'm a dumb ass and didn't plug the TPS in, so that explains the CEL. Lol
Old 08-31-2017, 08:07 AM
Prospect

After some serious thought, I think I'm going to finish the last few little things (replace brake light, rear bumper etc) and sell this to fund putting a turbo on my switchback assault. I think the 144 is just a lot of fun, and you don't see them boosted everyday so it will be kind of unique.

If anyone would be interested when I'm doing I'll be asking 4K for this rmk assault.
Old 09-01-2017, 12:48 AM
Prospect

Or I might keep it and sell the switchback, who knows.

Went and had a sticker made for it today.
Old 09-08-2017, 06:49 AM
Prospect

Well I have a buddy that's looking to get into riding, i offered him this sled now that its up and running well, think he's going to buy it. Selling it for what I have into it sense I'm all for my buddy's getting into riding, though I'm swapping the running boards and skis out for stock ones.

In other news, I picked up another project assault.. it's another 14' assault rmk 800 LE with 1700 miles on it. It has the narrow pro rmk front suspension. It was dropped off a sled deck while unloading, crunched the over structure and bent the bars, broke the throttle assembly etc. picked it up for a super cheap price and I already had everything sitting around to fix it and it has some fancy air shocks that I know nothing about, tried looking them up but cant find any others like it. havnt inspected to close, but I know they have comp and rebound adjustments, upper res says podium x, lower one on the inside says evol. sled runs good

Last edited by crdude; 09-08-2017 at 06:55 AM.
Old 09-14-2017, 05:18 AM
Prospect

Talked my buddy into buying the new assault, so I'm keeping the project assault! Which is nice, now I don't have to swap running boards again

Havnt really done anything with the project assault lately, picked up another 13' pro rmk and have been busy doing a engine rebuild on it.
Back Country Rebels - Forums > REBELS WITH A WRENCH > BACKCOUNTRY RIDES - BUILD THREADS