Go Back   Back Country Rebels - Forums > REBELS WITH A WRENCH > BRAND SPECIFIC TECH / DISCUSSION > SNOWHAWK & CONVERSION KITS

SNOWHAWK & CONVERSION KITS Forum dedicated to the single ski riders

Old 03-21-2017, 03:04 PM
Prospect

roo Has earned a rub and tug from ARroo Has earned a rub and tug from ARroo Has earned a rub and tug from ARroo Has earned a rub and tug from ARroo Has earned a rub and tug from ARroo Has earned a rub and tug from AR
Default Winter moto boots?

I used to wear moto boots when riding snowbikes and my hawks (for the first 7 years), feet got cold and wet, but i said it was worth it for the rigidity. Finally got fed up and started wearing rigid snowmobile boots, fxr light boas.
BAD CHOICE, SHOULD HAVE STAYED WITH MOTO BOOTS.
Rode into a hole sunday, pinned it and landed way way to hard on the other side on hard pack/ice.
Tore my achillis tendon in half!!!!!!

I would never ride a bike on dirt without the best moto boots money can buy. Nothing else should have ever been an option on a snowbike or hawk.
To all that are wearing floppy snowmobile boots or even rigid snowcross boots, they are not built for riding standing on footpegs.
I truly believe i wouldnt be sitting in a wheelchair right now if i had been wearing my tech 10s.

You all enjoy the rest of the season, and rip it up for me. See you next year!
Cheers
Jeff
Old 03-22-2017, 10:59 AM
REBEL

Hawkster Has earned a rub and tug from ARHawkster Has earned a rub and tug from AR
Hawkster Has earned a rub and tug from ARHawkster Has earned a rub and tug from ARHawkster Has earned a rub and tug from ARHawkster Has earned a rub and tug from ARHawkster Has earned a rub and tug from ARHawkster Has earned a rub and tug from ARHawkster Has earned a rub and tug from ARHawkster Has earned a rub and tug from ARHawkster Has earned a rub and tug from AR

Heal up quick man , we ain't getting any younger
Old 03-27-2017, 08:46 PM
Prospect

redneck_raser Has earned a rub and tug from ARredneck_raser Has earned a rub and tug from ARredneck_raser Has earned a rub and tug from ARredneck_raser Has earned a rub and tug from ARredneck_raser Has earned a rub and tug from ARredneck_raser Has earned a rub and tug from ARredneck_raser Has earned a rub and tug from ARredneck_raser Has earned a rub and tug from AR

Sorry to hear the bad news Roo! Hope recovery goes well. I did a pile of research and had settled on sidi all weather riding boots. Right up until I found a price tag of 1200$ cdn. Been running sled boots with varying degrees of disappointment. Like ski technology hopefully the snowbike world will demand and recieve new improved all weather riding boots.
Old 03-28-2017, 11:49 AM
Prospect

roo Has earned a rub and tug from ARroo Has earned a rub and tug from ARroo Has earned a rub and tug from ARroo Has earned a rub and tug from ARroo Has earned a rub and tug from ARroo Has earned a rub and tug from AR

Came accross these when searching for good walking casts.....
https://limboproducts.com/product/ou...DDQaAiSQ8P8HAQ
Going to try this next year, a☆ tech 8s with removable bootie, put this gortex'ish liner over top of bootie. Might work good?
Good merino wool sock, a☆bootie, waterproof breathable liner and then boot. I think getting the waterproof breathable layer away from your foot might help.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg outcast-foot-2_0.jpg (40.2 KB, 19 views)
Old 03-28-2017, 11:53 AM
Prospect

This sucker is made to go over a cast so should be plenty big enough. There are a couple other companies that make simular covers.
Old 03-28-2017, 01:04 PM
Prospect

redneck_raser Has earned a rub and tug from ARredneck_raser Has earned a rub and tug from ARredneck_raser Has earned a rub and tug from ARredneck_raser Has earned a rub and tug from ARredneck_raser Has earned a rub and tug from ARredneck_raser Has earned a rub and tug from ARredneck_raser Has earned a rub and tug from ARredneck_raser Has earned a rub and tug from AR

Interesting!
That might be the fix! For the price it definitely won't hurt to try. I just happen to be going to the Dr office today for concussion follow up. I'll inquire about those.
Back Country Rebels - Forums > REBELS WITH A WRENCH > BRAND SPECIFIC TECH / DISCUSSION > SNOWHAWK & CONVERSION KITS