Go Back   Back Country Rebels - Forums > REBELS WITH A WRENCH > SLED HEADS

SLED HEADS General Sled Chat

Old 01-25-2017, 08:51 AM
PIMP

Special B Offical PLPSpecial B Offical PLPSpecial B Offical PLPSpecial B Offical PLP
Special B Offical PLPSpecial B Offical PLPSpecial B Offical PLPSpecial B Offical PLPSpecial B Offical PLPSpecial B Offical PLPSpecial B Offical PLPSpecial B Offical PLP
Default Arctic Cat sold for $247 Mil.

http://www.businesswire.com/news/hom...ed-Textron-247
Old 01-25-2017, 08:57 AM
Just Got Here

Halon60 is an unknown quantity at this point

I don't think it's gonna change anything. Business will resume as usual except whatever debt they had will be gone.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 01-26-2017, 12:17 PM
REBEL

BikerPepe` Has earned a rub and tug from AR
BikerPepe` Has earned a rub and tug from ARBikerPepe` Has earned a rub and tug from ARBikerPepe` Has earned a rub and tug from ARBikerPepe` Has earned a rub and tug from ARBikerPepe` Has earned a rub and tug from ARBikerPepe` Has earned a rub and tug from ARBikerPepe` Has earned a rub and tug from AR

Textron sounds a little bit like AMF.
I am not a #... I am a FREE REBEL, #6000!!!
sled stats:
2004 Arctic Cat King Cat 900
162 x 16 x 3 challenger extreme non-ported track
IceAge Rails & WRP Assault Seat w/bag
billet 9" rear wheel kit
goldfinger left hand throttle
powder pro skis
speedwerx pipe & can
Old 01-26-2017, 01:28 PM
REBEL

hilinerider Has earned a rub and tug from ARhilinerider Has earned a rub and tug from AR
hilinerider Has earned a rub and tug from ARhilinerider Has earned a rub and tug from ARhilinerider Has earned a rub and tug from ARhilinerider Has earned a rub and tug from ARhilinerider Has earned a rub and tug from ARhilinerider Has earned a rub and tug from ARhilinerider Has earned a rub and tug from AR

Quote:
Originally Posted by BikerPepe` View Post
Textron sounds a little bit like AMF.
that what i was thinking when i seen the news, lets see some cheaply built sleds now

how special is that!!!
Old 01-26-2017, 07:41 PM
REBEL

Dogmeat Has earned a rub and tug from AR
Dogmeat Has earned a rub and tug from ARDogmeat Has earned a rub and tug from ARDogmeat Has earned a rub and tug from ARDogmeat Has earned a rub and tug from ARDogmeat Has earned a rub and tug from ARDogmeat Has earned a rub and tug from ARDogmeat Has earned a rub and tug from ARDogmeat Has earned a rub and tug from ARDogmeat Has earned a rub and tug from ARDogmeat Has earned a rub and tug from ARDogmeat Has earned a rub and tug from ARDogmeat Has earned a rub and tug from AR

I would have had no problem whatsoever buying a new Cat in 2013, but they pretty well lost it when they switched from the M to the Pro Climb chassis. Lets face it, they had the sled to beat in the mountain segment from 2007 to 2011. Polaris pretty well handed them their ass in 2012 with the Pro Ride and still is. Skidoo was, is and pretty well always be Skidoo, which means its pretty good year over year. Polaris and Cat wasn't so much, but I think Polaris is set now. Cat .... well ..... They still made the best motor IMO, but the chassis leaves a lot to be desired.

Hopefully they can come up with a chassis that people want to ride again. I'd love to have another Cat 800 two stroke powering my rides.
Old 01-26-2017, 08:08 PM
REBEL

BLITZKRIEG Has earned a rub and tug from ARBLITZKRIEG Has earned a rub and tug from AR
BLITZKRIEG Has earned a rub and tug from ARBLITZKRIEG Has earned a rub and tug from ARBLITZKRIEG Has earned a rub and tug from ARBLITZKRIEG Has earned a rub and tug from ARBLITZKRIEG Has earned a rub and tug from ARBLITZKRIEG Has earned a rub and tug from ARBLITZKRIEG Has earned a rub and tug from ARBLITZKRIEG Has earned a rub and tug from ARBLITZKRIEG Has earned a rub and tug from ARBLITZKRIEG Has earned a rub and tug from ARBLITZKRIEG Has earned a rub and tug from ARBLITZKRIEG Has earned a rub and tug from ARBLITZKRIEG Has earned a rub and tug from AR

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dogmeat View Post
I would have had no problem whatsoever buying a new Cat in 2013, but they pretty well lost it when they switched from the M to the Pro Climb chassis. Lets face it, they had the sled to beat in the mountain segment from 2007 to 2011. Polaris pretty well handed them their ass in 2012 with the Pro Ride and still is. Skidoo was, is and pretty well always be Skidoo, which means its pretty good year over year. Polaris and Cat wasn't so much, but I think Polaris is set now. Cat .... well ..... They still made the best motor IMO, but the chassis leaves a lot to be desired.

Hopefully they can come up with a chassis that people want to ride again. I'd love to have another Cat 800 two stroke powering my rides.

Agreed, except for the cat chassis. It all depends on your riding.
I beat my sled to death on stumps and rocks hidden in low snow, Polaris would fold.
Some guys I ride with have older sleds that don't always make it out, I end up towing them out cause poo boys in the group know their tunnels can't handle it.
I've yet to have a poo or doo lead somewhere I can't follow.

Cat as a sold company, I hope it's for the best. Been thru a company transition from a sale, mine is not working. Hope cat keeps kicking ass with their American made products.
Old 02-05-2017, 09:16 PM
Prospect

89sandman Has earned a rub and tug from AR
89sandman Has earned a rub and tug from AR89sandman Has earned a rub and tug from AR89sandman Has earned a rub and tug from AR89sandman Has earned a rub and tug from AR89sandman Has earned a rub and tug from AR89sandman Has earned a rub and tug from AR89sandman Has earned a rub and tug from AR89sandman Has earned a rub and tug from AR89sandman Has earned a rub and tug from AR89sandman Has earned a rub and tug from AR89sandman Has earned a rub and tug from AR89sandman Has earned a rub and tug from AR89sandman Has earned a rub and tug from AR

The 16 and newer Cats rock. The 18 is gonna be a tree slayer.
Old 02-19-2017, 05:13 PM
Just Got Here

gtwitch Has earned a rub and tug from ARgtwitch Has earned a rub and tug from AR

Textron ??? Make aircraft parts ,engines an planes so the price of Cat will go up as they know how to make everything in avation expensive!!
gtwitch in wyoming
Old 02-28-2017, 02:23 AM
REBEL

Hawkster Has earned a rub and tug from ARHawkster Has earned a rub and tug from AR
Hawkster Has earned a rub and tug from ARHawkster Has earned a rub and tug from ARHawkster Has earned a rub and tug from ARHawkster Has earned a rub and tug from ARHawkster Has earned a rub and tug from ARHawkster Has earned a rub and tug from ARHawkster Has earned a rub and tug from ARHawkster Has earned a rub and tug from ARHawkster Has earned a rub and tug from AR

Textron is an old name and is involved with all sorts of industrial equipment , big feather in Cats hat . They might of even had something to do with Cat's beefed up heavy duty side by side for Toro industries that reported a 2.4 billion in sales in 2016 .
Old 02-28-2017, 10:27 PM
Just Got Here

john 624 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hoping for new innovations after the acquisition.
Back Country Rebels - Forums > REBELS WITH A WRENCH > SLED HEADS