Go Back   Back Country Rebels - Forums > REBELS WITH A WRENCH > BRAND SPECIFIC TECH / DISCUSSION > ARCTIC CAT

Old 02-02-2017, 12:05 PM
REBEL

CatndHat Has earned a rub and tug from ARCatndHat Has earned a rub and tug from AR
CatndHat Has earned a rub and tug from ARCatndHat Has earned a rub and tug from ARCatndHat Has earned a rub and tug from ARCatndHat Has earned a rub and tug from ARCatndHat Has earned a rub and tug from ARCatndHat Has earned a rub and tug from ARCatndHat Has earned a rub and tug from ARCatndHat Has earned a rub and tug from ARCatndHat Has earned a rub and tug from ARCatndHat Has earned a rub and tug from ARCatndHat Has earned a rub and tug from ARCatndHat Has earned a rub and tug from ARCatndHat Has earned a rub and tug from ARCatndHat Has earned a rub and tug from AR
Default 2017 MC 800 looking for reviews

Any one pick one of these to enjoy this season? I have yet to see one covered in powder here. Real interest is to the 153 X3" if out there, but curious as to
any length "mountain cat" with the new shaft drop. Limited's did not get it so most likely not as impressive in deep powder???

Team Frosty Fro
Old 02-03-2017, 07:57 AM
Captain Stick Head

76FoMoCo Offical PLP76FoMoCo Offical PLP76FoMoCo Offical PLP76FoMoCo Offical PLP
76FoMoCo Offical PLP76FoMoCo Offical PLP76FoMoCo Offical PLP76FoMoCo Offical PLP76FoMoCo Offical PLP76FoMoCo Offical PLP76FoMoCo Offical PLP76FoMoCo Offical PLP

road a 153 and a 162 2017 its the real deal.
Old 02-03-2017, 09:55 AM
REBEL

CatndHat Has earned a rub and tug from ARCatndHat Has earned a rub and tug from AR
CatndHat Has earned a rub and tug from ARCatndHat Has earned a rub and tug from ARCatndHat Has earned a rub and tug from ARCatndHat Has earned a rub and tug from ARCatndHat Has earned a rub and tug from ARCatndHat Has earned a rub and tug from ARCatndHat Has earned a rub and tug from ARCatndHat Has earned a rub and tug from ARCatndHat Has earned a rub and tug from ARCatndHat Has earned a rub and tug from ARCatndHat Has earned a rub and tug from ARCatndHat Has earned a rub and tug from ARCatndHat Has earned a rub and tug from ARCatndHat Has earned a rub and tug from AR

Quote:
Originally Posted by 76FoMoCo View Post
road a 153 and a 162 2017 its the real deal.
PMed

Team Frosty Fro
Old 02-03-2017, 09:23 PM
Captain Stick Head

76FoMoCo Offical PLP76FoMoCo Offical PLP76FoMoCo Offical PLP76FoMoCo Offical PLP
76FoMoCo Offical PLP76FoMoCo Offical PLP76FoMoCo Offical PLP76FoMoCo Offical PLP76FoMoCo Offical PLP76FoMoCo Offical PLP76FoMoCo Offical PLP76FoMoCo Offical PLP

ya the 153 had a can and a 2* timing key all stock otherwise the 162 was full slp and programmer but didn't have a whole lot more for zip. they go better than anything else i have run with or equal too. would make jump IMO before the new motor as the old 800 is a very proven ride. chain case does suck for sure but many ways to deal with it and only a 2 beer job on the first run and a 1 beer job after. also the old zuki have many proven BB set up from 900-950 for 2-3k and you keep your top end in most cases. but we can talk about that on the phone a little more.
Old 02-04-2017, 09:41 AM
REBEL

Quote:
Originally Posted by 76FoMoCo View Post
ya the 153 had a can and a 2* timing key all stock otherwise the 162 was full slp and programmer but didn't have a whole lot more for zip. they go better than anything else i have run with or equal too. would make jump IMO before the new motor as the old 800 is a very proven ride. chain case does suck for sure but many ways to deal with it and only a 2 beer job on the first run and a 1 beer job after. also the old zuki have many proven BB set up from 900-950 for 2-3k and you keep your top end in most cases. but we can talk about that on the phone a little more.
Thanks Shane, Can always count on your knowledge and seat time.
Was the 153 a 3" track? A can, timing and maybe Toms belt drive is all I would need to have on that length. Minds made up because yeah its time I upgrade if I am going to stay serious about sleds, now I just need to find the right buy in. Can not believe the cat dealers I have checked on so far(sucks we do not have one here AC dealer for 100 miles but a local shop is considering option) loaded up on limited's but hardly any MCs. Sunk way to much into the 03 Mtn cat this year, but it will be better than new when done.
Wildchild post is back ordered a month, guess I should have started the rebuild in July but too busy with free time straddling the new road bike.

Team Frosty Fro
Old 02-04-2017, 11:03 PM
REBEL

whee Has earned a rub and tug from AR
whee Has earned a rub and tug from ARwhee Has earned a rub and tug from ARwhee Has earned a rub and tug from ARwhee Has earned a rub and tug from ARwhee Has earned a rub and tug from ARwhee Has earned a rub and tug from ARwhee Has earned a rub and tug from ARwhee Has earned a rub and tug from ARwhee Has earned a rub and tug from ARwhee Has earned a rub and tug from AR

Russ, Wouldn't it be nice if we knew a guy that had experience on the proclimb chassis that was willing to come over for a ride and let us squeeze the flipper on one...

Hard to buy a fugly lookin sled without knowing how it rides.

Hers - 06 M7 800 BB...at lest that's what the salesman told me. It's actually a bone stock 700.
Old 02-05-2017, 06:17 AM
Captain Stick Head

Quote:
Originally Posted by whee View Post
Russ, Wouldn't it be nice if we knew a guy that had experience on the proclimb chassis that was willing to come over for a ride and let us squeeze the flipper on one...

Stanley is half way and you guy don't have to deal with all the flat space by your house to ride one on.
Old 02-05-2017, 09:47 AM
REBEL

Quote:
Originally Posted by whee View Post

But his brow hardly wrinkled much last time I demoed his kitty on roids as I did my best to save it from a yard sale close call. Shane even provided the
mid hill rescue. Glad his head was turned the day before when I had his 1000
in mid air oh $hit landing. To my defense, no plastic left frame involuntary that weekend.
I should be ready by early March to mingle in Stanley, Late start for me this season and pack looks to be plenty deep in the back yards.

Team Frosty Fro
Back Country Rebels - Forums > REBELS WITH A WRENCH > BRAND SPECIFIC TECH / DISCUSSION > ARCTIC CAT