Go Back   Back Country Rebels - Forums > REBELS WITH A WRENCH > BACKCOUNTRY RIDES - BUILD THREADS

BACKCOUNTRY RIDES - BUILD THREADS We all like to see builds from the crate up. Bring us along for the creation.

Old 11-15-2014, 07:27 PM
Prospect

redneck_raser Has earned a rub and tug from ARredneck_raser Has earned a rub and tug from ARredneck_raser Has earned a rub and tug from ARredneck_raser Has earned a rub and tug from ARredneck_raser Has earned a rub and tug from ARredneck_raser Has earned a rub and tug from ARredneck_raser Has earned a rub and tug from ARredneck_raser Has earned a rub and tug from AR

Very cool! The amount of patience these projects take, wish I had patience. The heat shrink film... what are its characteristics after its installed? Rigid, flexible ,brittle?
Keep us posted really enjoying this thread
Old 11-15-2014, 09:00 PM
Just Got Here

Colin_farrell is an unknown quantity at this point

this is great, keep the pics coming!
Old 01-04-2015, 06:05 PM
Prospect

Snow_ME Has earned a rub and tug from ARSnow_ME Has earned a rub and tug from ARSnow_ME Has earned a rub and tug from ARSnow_ME Has earned a rub and tug from ARSnow_ME Has earned a rub and tug from ARSnow_ME Has earned a rub and tug from ARSnow_ME Has earned a rub and tug from ARSnow_ME Has earned a rub and tug from ARSnow_ME Has earned a rub and tug from ARSnow_ME Has earned a rub and tug from ARSnow_ME Has earned a rub and tug from ARSnow_ME Has earned a rub and tug from AR

Hey all have been super busy with family and work. Took a 20% paycut and that has slowed me down. Also am expecting our second kiddo this month so didnt get to work on the x sled but prepped for baby. Will try and get this finished soon i am ready to try it out. To answer questions.
Yes lots of patience and commitment.
The heat shrink film stays flexible after it is shrunk. Dont know how robust it will be but thats why i am trying it.
Thanks for the interest it helps get me charged up to finish it.
89 SkiDoo Mach 1
96 SkiDoo Touring (wife)
Old 03-14-2015, 04:14 PM

goobman01 is an unknown quantity at this point

Cool sled build! Keep up the good work.
Old 01-04-2017, 01:04 PM
Prospect

Snow_ME Has earned a rub and tug from ARSnow_ME Has earned a rub and tug from ARSnow_ME Has earned a rub and tug from ARSnow_ME Has earned a rub and tug from ARSnow_ME Has earned a rub and tug from ARSnow_ME Has earned a rub and tug from ARSnow_ME Has earned a rub and tug from ARSnow_ME Has earned a rub and tug from ARSnow_ME Has earned a rub and tug from ARSnow_ME Has earned a rub and tug from ARSnow_ME Has earned a rub and tug from ARSnow_ME Has earned a rub and tug from AR
Default A Long Time coming...

So I've been out of touch with BCR for awhile but am trying to get back on more often. With that in mind I thought I would post a couple short videos of my first ride!
Thats right I was able to get my X sled running!

First start...
https://youtu.be/BEo59ZyI5kY

First clip is actual first ride.
https://youtu.be/MFzvcRVH6GY

Second is the beginning of a longer ride.
https://youtu.be/DzuMRUsnwcc

A few things still to fix but overall very happy with it. And yes these videos are a year old already!
Rear suspension collapsed on first ride hence the clatter. Fixed that with a better upper mount.

Handle bars a WAY! to tall for me.
Need a shorter belt, hood and body panels made, belly panels to prevent snow from getting on clutchs.
All of my thin stretchy plastic shattered when it got cold, sounded like a piece of glass, so will replace with thin AL sheet.
Brakes need to be bled and sorted out better.
a number of loose bolts and nuts came out because I didn't use lock nuts, easy fix and am dealing with that I as I rebuild/rework.

Otherwise its pretty good can't wait to get in some real snow and see how it does. Very easy to lean over, you just think about it and over your go! gonna be interesting to see how it does on a trail.

Thanks everyone who has followed this build, I will try to get more updates as I have them, but family has slowed things down a bunch. That's OK because it is mostly trying to figure out how to get all four of us out snowmobiling together!
89 SkiDoo Mach 1
96 SkiDoo Touring (wife)

Last edited by Snow_ME; 01-04-2017 at 01:06 PM. Reason: added link
Old 01-04-2017, 01:08 PM
Prospect

Quote:
Originally Posted by redneck_raser View Post
Very cool! The amount of patience these projects take, wish I had patience. The heat shrink film... what are its characteristics after its installed? Rigid, flexible ,brittle?
Keep us posted really enjoying this thread
totally didn't work. It got cold and shattered like glass. bummer would have been great if it worked
89 SkiDoo Mach 1
96 SkiDoo Touring (wife)
Old 02-01-2017, 04:37 PM
Just Got Here

cumminswap is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Weight

This was a great build to watch. Just curious on the overall weight of the machine or even a ballpark figure. Thanks again for letting us tag along as you built it. Very well done!!!!
Back Country Rebels - Forums > REBELS WITH A WRENCH > BACKCOUNTRY RIDES - BUILD THREADS