Go Back   Back Country Rebels - Forums > REBELS WITH A WRENCH > BRAND SPECIFIC TECH / DISCUSSION > ARCTIC CAT

Old 01-05-2017, 05:23 PM
Just Got Here

Misfired208 is an unknown quantity at this point
Angry 2007 m8 diamond drive help

I bought a 2007 m8 this last summer. It had 3500 miles so I put a new set of pistons in it. Also the reverse servo was not working so I installed the manual reverse lever. I took it out the first time for a break in trail ride and after about 5 miles it popped out of gear. I went home pulled the diamond drive and found the transfer gear bearing was in pieces. Thinking this had to be the problem I replaced the bearing. I went back up the following day and got about 15 miles and it popped out again. It seemed to do it under load and accelerating. I limped it back to the truck got home crack the case and everything looks fine. I'm not sure where the problem could be coming from. Hope somebody has had a similar issue that could steer me in the right direction. There's way to much fresh snow right now to be broke down in the garage. Thanks in advance
Old 01-06-2017, 07:43 AM
REBEL

Snowizard Offical PLPSnowizard Offical PLPSnowizard Offical PLPSnowizard Offical PLP
Snowizard Offical PLPSnowizard Offical PLPSnowizard Offical PLPSnowizard Offical PLPSnowizard Offical PLPSnowizard Offical PLPSnowizard Offical PLPSnowizard Offical PLP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Misfired208 View Post
I bought a 2007 m8 this last summer. It had 3500 miles so I put a new set of pistons in it. Also the reverse servo was not working so I installed the manual reverse lever. I took it out the first time for a break in trail ride and after about 5 miles it popped out of gear. I went home pulled the diamond drive and found the transfer gear bearing was in pieces. Thinking this had to be the problem I replaced the bearing. I went back up the following day and got about 15 miles and it popped out again. It seemed to do it under load and accelerating. I limped it back to the truck got home crack the case and everything looks fine. I'm not sure where the problem could be coming from. Hope somebody has had a similar issue that could steer me in the right direction. There's way to much fresh snow right now to be broke down in the garage. Thanks in advance
I'm thinking you could find the answer you need on this website, if you are not aware of it:
http://www.arcticchat.com/forum/index.php
Search there for diamond drive or post your question.
Old 01-06-2017, 08:17 AM
REBEL

ArcticBoy Offical PLPArcticBoy Offical PLPArcticBoy Offical PLPArcticBoy Offical PLP
ArcticBoy Offical PLPArcticBoy Offical PLPArcticBoy Offical PLPArcticBoy Offical PLPArcticBoy Offical PLPArcticBoy Offical PLPArcticBoy Offical PLPArcticBoy Offical PLP

Mine is doing the same. I disconnected the reverse pulled the dd apart put it back together and was fine for over a year. Then the other day it did it again. I haven't looked at it yet but it seems it is slipping out of gear so if you find out why let us know
Old 01-21-2017, 07:33 AM
Just Got Here

Misfired208 is an unknown quantity at this point

So I looked all over the forums and found it could be a whole bunch of problems. I ended up picking up a used in good condition complete diamond drive from IMS on eBay. After opening the one I just purchased up, everything feels tighter with less slop. The reversing fork bushings have less play and the planetary assembly seems to have less play. Im hoping to test it this weekend to see if that fixed the problem. I will at least know for sure if it is something external to the diamond drive causing the issue. I have checked tunnel for being bent, brake side bearings from being wore out(no movement side to side), and made sure connecting bolt through the shaft is torqued and has lock tight. Hopefully this cures the problem. I will let you know if it does.
Old 01-21-2017, 09:10 AM
REBEL

ArcticBoy Offical PLPArcticBoy Offical PLPArcticBoy Offical PLPArcticBoy Offical PLP
ArcticBoy Offical PLPArcticBoy Offical PLPArcticBoy Offical PLPArcticBoy Offical PLPArcticBoy Offical PLPArcticBoy Offical PLPArcticBoy Offical PLPArcticBoy Offical PLP

How much was the used DD?
Old 01-22-2017, 05:58 PM
Captain Stick Head

76FoMoCo Offical PLP76FoMoCo Offical PLP76FoMoCo Offical PLP76FoMoCo Offical PLP
76FoMoCo Offical PLP76FoMoCo Offical PLP76FoMoCo Offical PLP76FoMoCo Offical PLP76FoMoCo Offical PLP76FoMoCo Offical PLP76FoMoCo Offical PLP76FoMoCo Offical PLP

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArcticBoy View Post
How much was the used DD?
but he picked up a 2014 since.
Back Country Rebels - Forums > REBELS WITH A WRENCH > BRAND SPECIFIC TECH / DISCUSSION > ARCTIC CAT