Go Back   Back Country Rebels - Forums > REBELS WITH A WRENCH > BRAND SPECIFIC TECH / DISCUSSION > YAMAHA

Old 10-23-2016, 10:35 PM
Just Got Here

Halon60 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default 4 stroke Reliability?

Hello. I have a 2011 Yamaha Nytro. (Please don't judge me) and when I bought it.. I justified the heavy weight, the shitty handling by saying it's reliable. Well this season it turns out the sled needs a head gasket. So much for reliability. I was considering getting a Sidewinder but I'm done with 4 stroke Yamaha because I don't think the reliability is worth the extra cost. I ride with guys with Doos and Cats and not one of them has been not riding because of reliability issues. What do you think. Is Yamaha reliability better than everyone else still and is it worth the extra money. Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 10-23-2016, 11:15 PM
REBEL

BLITZKRIEG Has earned a rub and tug from ARBLITZKRIEG Has earned a rub and tug from AR
BLITZKRIEG Has earned a rub and tug from ARBLITZKRIEG Has earned a rub and tug from ARBLITZKRIEG Has earned a rub and tug from ARBLITZKRIEG Has earned a rub and tug from ARBLITZKRIEG Has earned a rub and tug from ARBLITZKRIEG Has earned a rub and tug from ARBLITZKRIEG Has earned a rub and tug from ARBLITZKRIEG Has earned a rub and tug from ARBLITZKRIEG Has earned a rub and tug from ARBLITZKRIEG Has earned a rub and tug from ARBLITZKRIEG Has earned a rub and tug from ARBLITZKRIEG Has earned a rub and tug from ARBLITZKRIEG Has earned a rub and tug from AR

4strokes are more complicated, imo. I ride with yammys and m1100s and they both have their issues. Seems like they are constantly working on them. Go 2 stroke ride more.
Old 10-23-2016, 11:18 PM
Just Got Here

Halon60 is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks. I think that's what I'll be doing this year. 2 stroke and pay less. Hahaha

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 10-24-2016, 05:50 AM
MOTORBOATER

Mac-Daddy-Racing-212 Offical PLPMac-Daddy-Racing-212 Offical PLPMac-Daddy-Racing-212 Offical PLPMac-Daddy-Racing-212 Offical PLP
Mac-Daddy-Racing-212 Offical PLPMac-Daddy-Racing-212 Offical PLPMac-Daddy-Racing-212 Offical PLPMac-Daddy-Racing-212 Offical PLPMac-Daddy-Racing-212 Offical PLPMac-Daddy-Racing-212 Offical PLPMac-Daddy-Racing-212 Offical PLPMac-Daddy-Racing-212 Offical PLP

Have both in our group as well. The 4 strokes that do not have spools seem to last, then again they are usually last getting anyplace too. Most of the Cat sleds are turbos, they are fine until someone gets a bug and turns up the boost. Fun factor is inversely proportional to longevity.

I have a 2 stroke myself. Love it too.

"THE TROUBLE WITH TROUBLE, IS THAT IT ALWAYS STARTS OUT AS FUN"

Rest in Peace: Steve Reis, Good Friend (1-17-14)

Rest in Peace: John Seipel, Father in Law (5-7-15)
Back Country Rebels - Forums > REBELS WITH A WRENCH > BRAND SPECIFIC TECH / DISCUSSION > YAMAHA