Go Back   Back Country Rebels - Forums > REBELS WITH A WRENCH > BRAND SPECIFIC TECH / DISCUSSION > POLARIS

Old 10-02-2016, 08:10 AM
Just Got Here

Notstock98 Has earned a rub and tug from AR
Default Trail sled Mods

Well I picked up a 95 xlt end of last season currently has a DG can and other than that is stock. I mostly ride trail with my buddies, so what would you all recommend for some mods for a more speed and power without breaking the bank

Sent from my VS987 using Tapatalk
Old 10-03-2016, 02:17 AM
"bcr forum security services"

Mule Offical PLPMule Offical PLPMule Offical PLPMule Offical PLP
Mule Offical PLPMule Offical PLPMule Offical PLPMule Offical PLPMule Offical PLPMule Offical PLPMule Offical PLPMule Offical PLP

Tough to go wrong with clutching/gearing.
#155 | Mule's Photos | BackCountryRebels | ThumperTalk | Tekrider | TylersBA
I am a Snowmobiler!
Old 10-03-2016, 06:44 AM
REBEL

BLITZKRIEG Has earned a rub and tug from ARBLITZKRIEG Has earned a rub and tug from AR
BLITZKRIEG Has earned a rub and tug from ARBLITZKRIEG Has earned a rub and tug from ARBLITZKRIEG Has earned a rub and tug from ARBLITZKRIEG Has earned a rub and tug from ARBLITZKRIEG Has earned a rub and tug from ARBLITZKRIEG Has earned a rub and tug from ARBLITZKRIEG Has earned a rub and tug from ARBLITZKRIEG Has earned a rub and tug from ARBLITZKRIEG Has earned a rub and tug from ARBLITZKRIEG Has earned a rub and tug from ARBLITZKRIEG Has earned a rub and tug from ARBLITZKRIEG Has earned a rub and tug from ARBLITZKRIEG Has earned a rub and tug from AR

General maintenance, replace all bearings in your bogie/idler wheels for less rolling resistance.
Old 10-03-2016, 10:23 AM
REBEL

Hawkster Has earned a rub and tug from ARHawkster Has earned a rub and tug from AR
Hawkster Has earned a rub and tug from ARHawkster Has earned a rub and tug from ARHawkster Has earned a rub and tug from ARHawkster Has earned a rub and tug from ARHawkster Has earned a rub and tug from ARHawkster Has earned a rub and tug from ARHawkster Has earned a rub and tug from ARHawkster Has earned a rub and tug from ARHawkster Has earned a rub and tug from AR

Pipes and clutching give those old girls 22 ponies . Bone stock it's lucky if it has 87 horse and probably less with that can . Bumping the timing a few degrees is a must .

If it's in fairly decent condition it's worth cleaning up , for some it offers a fun factor that today's sleds can't .
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_20141228_133537_003.jpg (61.8 KB, 68 views)
Old 10-03-2016, 10:25 AM
Just Got Here

Notstock98 Has earned a rub and tug from AR

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawkster View Post
Pipes and clutching give those old girls 22 ponies . Bone stock it's lucky if it has 87 horse and probably less with that can . Bumping the timing a few degrees is a must .

If it's in fairly decent condition it's worth cleaning up , for some it offers a fun factor that today's sleds can't .
I've been reading up that pipes will cause a lot more over heat issues what has your experience been with that?

Sent from my VS987 using Tapatalk
Old 10-04-2016, 01:48 AM
REBEL

Hawkster Has earned a rub and tug from ARHawkster Has earned a rub and tug from AR
Hawkster Has earned a rub and tug from ARHawkster Has earned a rub and tug from ARHawkster Has earned a rub and tug from ARHawkster Has earned a rub and tug from ARHawkster Has earned a rub and tug from ARHawkster Has earned a rub and tug from ARHawkster Has earned a rub and tug from ARHawkster Has earned a rub and tug from ARHawkster Has earned a rub and tug from AR

Yes and no , the pipes require different clutching , primary and secondary and jetting to get what is required to get the horse power that bumps the rpm from 8000 to 9000 . Engagement is bumped from something like 3800 to somewhere around 4500 , the mid range is of course also bumped and that's where the sweet spot is making it hard to stay out of , thus the heat problem .

The clutches run hot because it's a triple to begin with and the bottom end isn't where it's at . Clutching for the pipes should run cooler but the fun factor makes it kind of hard to back off .

The other is that the closed up recoil housing that makes a great kiln and can cook the crap out of the stater when abused on warm spring days .

Seems like it depends on the nut behind the throttle .
Old 10-04-2016, 10:44 AM
Prospect

Reeb Has earned a rub and tug from AR
Reeb Has earned a rub and tug from ARReeb Has earned a rub and tug from ARReeb Has earned a rub and tug from ARReeb Has earned a rub and tug from ARReeb Has earned a rub and tug from ARReeb Has earned a rub and tug from AR

Spend the money on maintenance and freshening her up. That's where you'll find your performance vs where it is now. Listen to Blitz. After that, then let's look at pipes/heads/reeds

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

NMFH....an enigma wrapped in a riddle.....

94 zr 700 twin turbo mach z triple with a holly double
pumper and belt drive.......on NAWWWZ!!!

Forever Sled'n...
Back Country Rebels - Forums > REBELS WITH A WRENCH > BRAND SPECIFIC TECH / DISCUSSION > POLARIS