View Single Post
Old 01-30-2013, 09:50 PM
Is that a fat guy joke?

REBEL Has earned a rub and tug from ARREBEL Has earned a rub and tug from ARREBEL Has earned a rub and tug from ARREBEL Has earned a rub and tug from AR
REBEL Has earned a rub and tug from ARREBEL Has earned a rub and tug from ARREBEL Has earned a rub and tug from ARREBEL Has earned a rub and tug from ARREBEL Has earned a rub and tug from ARREBEL Has earned a rub and tug from ARREBEL Has earned a rub and tug from ARREBEL Has earned a rub and tug from ARREBEL Has earned a rub and tug from ARREBEL Has earned a rub and tug from ARREBEL Has earned a rub and tug from ARREBEL Has earned a rub and tug from AR

Ok that seat was easy, only a beer to complete... now onto the gauge lifter.

I personally love to have the gauge in an easy place to see. Especially when i'm trying to hang onto the sled under boost via boondocker to see whats happening with RPM, see water temp, ect..

I went down this rode rather than polaris's new gauge lifter/storage bag for two different reasons. One the polaris bag IMO is hideous looking.. Two the WRP also acts as a vent Its crazy how much heat comes out...

Ok so start by removing your hood. Then remove enough of the airbox stuff to get to this look. (mine is already looks like below)

Now you don't have to remove headlight to complete, but its way easier. So get it out of there. five screw total. Two on above view, one of the front of light, two (black) on the outside of hood on each side.. Once done unhook the factory plug from the gauge and remove gauge. Take a little time and go slow removing gauge it is usually in there pretty good. This will be your view once completed

Now align the vent piece with the slot side down. Fit this vent so there is equal hood under all sides of the vent.. Use some tape or buddy to hold in place and double check it. There isn't a lot of hood there to drill in to. Once you have it set. Drill your first hole..

Now place a bolt through and lightly snug it. Repeat that on the next three.. make sure to check it hasn't moved on you. Make sure you have brought your factory gauge connector through the slot.

Next comes the worst part of the install. Installing the stock gasket onto the gauge and getting gauge into bracket (make sure gauge is facing the right way I got to redo mine I blamed it on the beer). It wasn't so bad after I found a little trick. Use a little water and a screw driver... NO DON'T PRY ON THE DAMN THING.. use the screw driver to feed the edges of the rubber past the bracket like so.

Ok, see that wasn't so bad ... Now lets get it mounted.. Place a bolt through one side just enough to hold one of the plastic bushings in place.. Like so

Now place the gauge bracket inside of the vent bracket and push the bolt through the hole.. Repeat on other side and tighten like so

You can fine tune the angle once you have it back on the sled.. I guessed on mine and seems perfect. Now reinstall the light and other items you needed to take off and boom your DONE!!!! pretty dang easy.. and look at the results

Both the seat and the gauge lifter can be found on their site here>>>> http://www.wr-products.com/ .....You will also find lots of other goodies they make on there. So check it out