View Single Post
Old 06-28-2010, 12:14 AM
REBEL

SNWMBL Has earned a rub and tug from ARSNWMBL Has earned a rub and tug from ARSNWMBL Has earned a rub and tug from ARSNWMBL Has earned a rub and tug from AR
SNWMBL Has earned a rub and tug from ARSNWMBL Has earned a rub and tug from ARSNWMBL Has earned a rub and tug from ARSNWMBL Has earned a rub and tug from ARSNWMBL Has earned a rub and tug from ARSNWMBL Has earned a rub and tug from ARSNWMBL Has earned a rub and tug from ARSNWMBL Has earned a rub and tug from AR

Running board holes drilled and flared.

Got the front of the running boards trimmed, extrusion fitted, and footwells in place. I need to get my reinforcements on the footwells and do some trimming but that should be easy.

I ordered an SSC foot pedal(http://www.ssccontrols.com/homepage-...ngcontrols.htm) for my welder and once that gets here I'll do all the welding to the tunnel and extrusion. I'd say I'm pretty good now but I know with the foot pedal I can get cleaner welds. The AMP adjustment on the gun is in an awkward place and I have a hard time keeping the gun steady while adjusting the amps. I also bought all the 1/16 stuff so I can weld thin sheet now. I'm cmpletely hooked on TIG welding, I can definitely see myself getting a bigger welder within the next year.

SSC pedal vs. Miller

I also bought a 5 piece knockout set that should be here Saturday. It's got 1", 1 1/4", 1 1/2", 1 3/4", and 2" dies. As soon as it gets here I'll punch the holes in the 4130 plates and rivet everything together.

This is where I'm at now. I'll post more pics with progress.

Last edited by SNWMBL; 06-28-2010 at 12:23 AM.