Back Country Rebels - Forums

Back Country Rebels - Forums (http://backcountryrebels.com/index.php)
-   Side Dishes (http://backcountryrebels.com/forumdisplay.php?f=314)
-   -   Whiteout Sweet Beans (http://backcountryrebels.com/showthread.php?t=7413)

WHITEOUT 05-04-2010 12:11 AM

Whiteout Sweet Beans

In a Pot

Don't drain any of the cans, just pour em in.

3 large cans of kidney beans (not cheap ones) black, brown whatever
1 large can of pork n beans
2 large cans of dice tomatoes (don't skimp on cheapo)
1/4 lb cooked pork sausage
1/4 lb cooked hamburger
15 slices of your favorite bacon, cooled, cut up and thrown in the pot.
1/2 cup brown sugar (some like less, some like more)
May need a little water, shouldn't be thick.
Stir...

Put in oven on 200 degrees for 3-4 hours, check and stir every hour.

ENJOY!

Doc 05-04-2010 11:48 AM

gonna try this out today but here are a few tweaks im going to try and make

I'm going to dice my own tomatos use bacon ends cubed up with a little extra fat roughly 3/4s lb to 1lb, I'm going to throw in a cup of sugar, 1 tsp of liquid smoke, and julianne cut 3 fresh jalapenos and toss them in....should be smokey sweet, nice and warm. maybe even add a little more sausage I do like my beans a little on the thicker side so i may add some countryside BBQ in as well...i'll check it half way through and go from there

tumblina 05-04-2010 07:27 PM

Try a little molasses in that recipe, Kent... let me know if you like it. :D

WHITEOUT 05-05-2010 08:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Doc (Post 307114)
gonna try this out today but here are a few tweaks im going to try and make

I'm going to dice my own tomatos use bacon ends cubed up with a little extra fat roughly 3/4s lb to 1lb, I'm going to throw in a cup of sugar, 1 tsp of liquid smoke, and julianne cut 3 fresh jalapenos and toss them in....should be smokey sweet, nice and warm. maybe even add a little more sausage I do like my beans a little on the thicker side so i may add some countryside BBQ in as well...i'll check it half way through and go from there

Quote:

Originally Posted by tumblina (Post 307483)
Try a little molasses in that recipe, Kent... let me know if you like it. :D

JALEPENOS! Yeah! This came from my sister, she burns cookies but makes AWESOME beans! Kind of a "what ya like" in it. I did try it with two cans of stag classic chilli and it was pretty good. Sweet/Hot is good but the chili taste didn't go that well with the sweet imo. I will try the Molasses Tumbles. Summer....all that and a beer all is good

BigTruck 06-01-2010 03:08 PM

I make my own beans as well. Two to three big cans of bushe's (original) beans, 1 onion, 1/4 LB of bacon (uncooked) some garlic (minced) and about 1/4 cup Sweet Baby ray's.

Put it in the slow cooker at 8am and let simmer with the lid on all day. Remove lid about last two hrs (I like em sticky) and serve. Best if they simmer for at least 7-8 hrs...

Ive also made my own beans from scratch.. I like the Bush's beans as they are a great starter..