Back Country Rebels - Forums

Back Country Rebels - Forums (http://backcountryrebels.com/index.php)
-   SNOWHAWK & CONVERSION KITS (http://backcountryrebels.com/forumdisplay.php?f=236)
-   -   Steering post forward? (http://backcountryrebels.com/showthread.php?t=34455)

roo 02-13-2017 11:31 PM

Steering post forward?

Does anyone have any pics of moving steering post forward?
It looks like the 600s and 800s would have to be moved in front of the jack shaft?
Really want to start a ground up build but want to do as much testing with geometry and strength of light weight parts with the hawk. Figure if parts hold up on a snow hawk they will be more than strong enough for a light weight machine.
Thanks
cheers
Jeff

NEWDUCK 02-14-2017 08:24 AM

Ill get some pics this week. Mine is a strange set up of odd shims and rubber(its how I got it). Only part I remade was the top spacer. Arent the 503 ,600 and 800 shafts in the same spot?

roo 02-14-2017 11:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NEWDUCK (Post 1033802)
Ill get some pics this week. Mine is a strange set up of odd shims and rubber(its how I got it). Only part I remade was the top spacer. Arent the 503 ,600 and 800 shafts in the same spot?

They are in the same spot, but the bulkhead is way taller on a 503, i think the steer post is also longer (i would have to look)
I also dont want to just lean my steering post forward, which will change the angle/path that the bars follow when turning. I want to relocate the whole post forward to just in front of the jack shaft. At that point if it is too far i can even move my pegs 2 inches forward/ back to stock posistion.

roo 02-14-2017 11:52 AM

There is a 503 in my shop that someone leaned the post forward on. I will post some pics later today of that setup, kind of janky but it worked.

Norma stitz 02-14-2017 02:46 PM

Yes please

roo 02-14-2017 08:43 PM

2 Attachment(s)
So, like i said pretty janky setup but it works. I dont know who did this, think it was tim mtocam360?
Couldnt get a pic of the bottom. On the bottom there is a wedge shaped shim. There is also extra rubber top and bottom. A guy could definatly come up with something that was way more substantial.

roo 02-14-2017 08:45 PM

This fanner looks like somebody dumped it in the salt water!

NEWDUCK 02-15-2017 08:13 AM

Pretty much about the same concept that mine is. Some weird rubber and angled shims. Seems like 20 different pieces to put it together. That post looks more vertical than mine tho.

Moving it infront of the shaft would be interesting. Wouldnt you be sitting on that gas tank pretty much by then?

roo 02-15-2017 12:25 PM

I have a couple extra steering posts. I will try to do a quick mock up and take some pics. When i say in front of the jackshaft i mean just in front and above, tha back of post even with front of jack shaft. I have not measured it but think its around 6" forward of the stock posistion.

dirtypainter 02-16-2017 06:25 PM

I will get pics tonight I have mine there right now just trying to finish it I used a bearing on the bottom of the stem

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk