Back Country Rebels - Forums

Back Country Rebels - Forums (http://backcountryrebels.com/index.php)
-   WASHINGTON (http://backcountryrebels.com/forumdisplay.php?f=20)
-   -   WSSA Votes for Registration Fee Increase (http://backcountryrebels.com/showthread.php?t=21804)

mdmead 03-12-2012 11:44 AM

WSSA Votes for Registration Fee Increase

During the March Membership/Budget Meeting held on March 10th, the majority of members present voted in favor of increasing snowmobile registrations by $40 per machine (from $33.75 to $73.75). WSSA will seek legislation to make this change at the earliest opportunity, most likely during the next regular legislative session. (WSSA will check to see if it is possible to pursue this during the special session starting Monday, March 12.) If you have input on this subject, please let the WSSA Board, and specifically your WSSA District Rep, know. (Click the 'Contacts' menu item on the left side of the WSSA website at wssa.us.)

(You are free to comment on this thread, but if you want your opinion heard, make sure you contact your WSSA representative.)

Adrenaline Revolution 03-12-2012 11:49 AM

I'm all for it as long as our crooked state government doesn't "Sweep" (great word for stealing) it into the general fund like they planned.
I'd hate to know I was in favor of something that ended up just lining the pockets of the crooks in the end.

Fordman 03-12-2012 11:50 AM

Interesting.... Thanks for the heads up...

Snowmoherb 03-12-2012 11:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Adrenaline Revolution (Post 769446)
I'm all for it as long as our crooked state government doesn't "Sweep" (great word for stealing) it into the general fund like they planned.
I'd hate to know I was in favor of something that ended up just lining the pockets of the crooks in the end.

All of them are crooks... some are just crookeder than others... :snipe

Winter Brew 03-12-2012 01:24 PM

I'll pay an extra $100 if we can get 2 layer paper in the HoneyBuckets.

CleElum Sledhead 03-12-2012 01:40 PM

Matt,

Can you post up the results of the recent survery regarding increasing rates?

Thanks.

mdmead 03-12-2012 02:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CleElum Sledhead (Post 769526)
Matt,

Can you post up the results of the recent survery regarding increasing rates?

Thanks.

I don't have that info yet Dave. Pamela (McConkey - State Parks) is still compiling it and can provide some basics. Unfortunately, in hindsight, the survey questions weren't presented quite as well as they could have been. Overall, the majority supported an increase in registration, and a majority didn't support charging for a sno-park permit. We don't know though if the people that supported one didn't support the other... or supported both... or neither. (This info might be coming, I'm not sure.) The bigger problem was providing ranges for a registration increase instead of a set number. If you add the number of people supporting $20 or more, that is a majority. It would have been nice to have an actual dollar amount that was most supported. (Not blaming State Parks... it was a learning experience for everyone involved and WSSA worked on the survey questions too.) The folks who made the push during the WSSA meeting for $40 believe that the survey results support that number; others don't... Nobody seemed to take into account the fuel tax lid removal WSSA has been working on for several years and is sooooo close to being accomplished. Either they figure it will never come, won't come in time, or won't be enough. (The latter is true without an increase in the number of registered snowmobiles.)

The State Parks article in the current Snoflyer talks about the needs of the program and what it will take to get there. I encourage everyone to read it. (It's online on the WSSA website.) Oh, I'd also like to plug the Vice President's article and Matt's Misc. column... both offer ideas to quickly infuse some funds for next year...

Also, please note this discussion is a day late on this forum (while I was waiting to be approved) so folks that don't normally check that other western forum, might want to swing by and read some of the comments and my responses. (It's in the Washington section.)

ericbigbore 03-12-2012 02:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Adrenaline Revolution (Post 769446)

^^^^^^^^ This!

THEDICK 03-12-2012 02:18 PM

This increase would cost me an additional $240 dollars a year which I would gladly pay knowing it's for the good of the sport and for future generations to enjoy. However if we lose one red cent to our blundering government or there is any other kind of misuse of funds the gloves will come off.
I expect accountability.

Adrenaline Revolution 03-12-2012 02:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by THEDICK (Post 769555)
This increase would cost me an additional $240 dollars a year which I would gladly pay knowing it's for the good of the sport and for future generations to enjoy. However if we lose one red cent to our blundering government or there is any other kind of misuse of funds the gloves will come off.
I expect accountability.

Well said, Pretty much the same attitude towards it that I have.

And two ply in the chitters would be nice too!.
:D